New Products from TechSpec - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 19-Dec-2018, 03:20 PM (889) Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4
New Products from TechSpec

We will be releasing some new products for the R1200GS in December 2019
Attached Images
   
dcysurfer likes this.
TechSpec-USA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 20-Dec-2018, 05:37 AM (484)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Central Massachusetts
Posts: 38
Nice but why not make them for other panniers that are popular - Bumot for example?
Millman likes this.
Ripcord is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 20-Dec-2018, 07:35 PM (066)
Senior Member
 
jaxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 145
Garage
How many reminders does a person need they own a GS?

--
2017 R1200GS
1992 K75S
2013 G650GS
jaxon is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 21-Dec-2018, 05:40 PM (986)
Senior Member
 
GrayBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Annapolis MD
Posts: 536
I have your Snakeskins on my KTM 1290 R; I've had them on my S1000RR; and I've been trying to devise a solution to lock on to my GS when I'm riding it like a sport bike. I love the product for sporty riding and though it's not quite as grippy as Stomp pads, it's way more attractive and still gets the job done. By far the preferred solution to being able to lock on with the lower body.

May I offer some constructive input to your GS product design? On the GS, to get a good lock on for my outside thigh/knee, the place I need the grip is lower than where you're showing the pads in those photos. Up that high I don't think they'll be functional unless you're a rider with very long legs. My thigh/knee wants to grip in against my 2016 GS on the black tupperware piece just below the tank and at the seam boundary between that and the tank. It's really a pretty awkward spot to try to design a grip pad, I get that. But if you made a thin strip that ran along the bottom of the tank and across the top of that black cover, it would provide a more effective place to lock on with my lower body.

Obviously, BMW didn't give much thought to these ergos for sport riding - it's not a sport bike. But any who, that's the place where a grippy pad would be most useful.

Are the pads for the top of the panniers grippy as well? It would be nice to have something there that held things more securely that are strapped down on top of the panniers. It would also need to be a material that is easily washed with soap and water. It'll get pretty nasty on there.

Thanks for making a great product!
Rick92040 and docyvette like this.

Current scooters:
'16 R1200GS Triple Black
'16 KTM Super Duke 1290R
'18 Yamaha WR250R
GrayBeard is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 21-Dec-2018, 08:18 PM (096)
Survivor
 
Pterodactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Big Sky Country
Posts: 602
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon View Post
How many reminders does a person need they own a GS?
As a group GS riders are not the most cognitively complex people you will meet. Remembering two letters, especially in a specific sequence, is just too much. That is why smart riders are on GSAs. We can get all three letters correct, and in the right order most of the time.
Pterodactyl is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 23-Dec-2018, 05:45 AM (489)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1
For Graybeard. On the thought of having something grippy and washable for the panniers. Next time you are in a grocery store, look on the shelves where the meat or produce products sit on a soft mesh liner. We had big rolls of this in our store, very inexpensive. This mesh is also good for the tool trays for noise and tools rolling around. Different colors and throw away cheap. Store would probably give you the scraps for free.
Dr. Strangelove and GrayBeard like this.
Fly2017 is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-Jan-2019, 02:11 PM (841) Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
I have your Snakeskins on my KTM 1290 R; I've had them on my S1000RR; and I've been trying to devise a solution to lock on to my GS when I'm riding it like a sport bike. I love the product for sporty riding and though it's not quite as grippy as Stomp pads, it's way more attractive and still gets the job done. By far the preferred solution to being able to lock on with the lower body.

May I offer some constructive input to your GS product design? On the GS, to get a good lock on for my outside thigh/knee, the place I need the grip is lower than where you're showing the pads in those photos. Up that high I don't think they'll be functional unless you're a rider with very long legs. My thigh/knee wants to grip in against my 2016 GS on the black tupperware piece just below the tank and at the seam boundary between that and the tank. It's really a pretty awkward spot to try to design a grip pad, I get that. But if you made a thin strip that ran along the bottom of the tank and across the top of that black cover, it would provide a more effective place to lock on with my lower body.

Obviously, BMW didn't give much thought to these ergos for sport riding - it's not a sport bike. But any who, that's the place where a grippy pad would be most useful.

Are the pads for the top of the panniers grippy as well? It would be nice to have something there that held things more securely that are strapped down on top of the panniers. It would also need to be a material that is easily washed with soap and water. It'll get pretty nasty on there.

Thanks for making a great product!
Hi,
Thanks for your input, we have a lower piece on the older 2013-2016 model, which I'm sure would fit the newer model. (picture below)
We also have the pannier covers in our Snake Skin material which is very easy to clean with soap and water.
Attached Images
 
GrayBeard likes this.
TechSpec-USA is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-Jan-2019, 08:17 AM (595)
Senior Member
 
GrayBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Annapolis MD
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSpec-USA View Post
Hi,
Thanks for your input, we have a lower piece on the older 2013-2016 model, which I'm sure would fit the newer model. (picture below)
We also have the pannier covers in our Snake Skin material which is very easy to clean with soap and water.
Thanks for the response! Looking on your web site I'm not seeing a way to order just that lower part. Am I missing it or do I need to order the complete kit for my '16 1200GS?

Current scooters:
'16 R1200GS Triple Black
'16 KTM Super Duke 1290R
'18 Yamaha WR250R
GrayBeard is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-Jan-2019, 11:04 AM (711) Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
Thanks for the response! Looking on your web site I'm not seeing a way to order just that lower part. Am I missing it or do I need to order the complete kit for my '16 1200GS?
It would a custom order, you can give us a call at 775-783-5110
TechSpec-USA is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 15-Jun-2019, 02:39 PM (819)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Posts: 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
Thanks for the response! Looking on your web site I'm not seeing a way to order just that lower part. Am I missing it or do I need to order the complete kit for my '16 1200GS?
GrayBeard I am having a hard time finding that as well. But back to Techspec, what about those of us with the 2018 model that BMW put the large GS sticker on that the tank protector would just cover up? I need protection under the "S" and I need the lower piece too, and the area that on the pictures is just above that but not on the large part of the tank. What to do?
Attached Images
 
LAS likes this.
docyvette is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome