European tours ? - Page 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 22-Feb-2019, 02:49 AM (367)

Send a message via Skype™ to mototourscroatia
Thumbs up Guided motorcycle tours Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallanderGS View Post
Any feedback about Edelwiess Tours ? They seem to be the biggest but there must be others.
We are planning a European tour next year in Austria, Slovenia, Croatia. 2 up on a 1200GS or RT1200.
Do people bring all their own riding gear from North America ?
Dear,if you are still looking such adventure, please see our website mototourscroatia.com
Also, we have forum here on this matter, please visit us if you have any question.
Thank you, cheers! Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-Jun-2019, 04:22 AM (390)

I have been on two tours with Edelweiss, "Best of Europe" and "Rome to Sicily". They were expensive, but they were very well run. All the hotels were nice, all the restaurants were good, everything was on time, etc. I'm sure there are cheaper options but you get what you pay for IME.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-Oct-2019, 11:28 AM (686)

Tour Companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallanderGS View Post
Any feedback about Edelwiess Tours ? They seem to be the biggest but there must be others.
We are planning a European tour next year in Austria, Slovenia, Croatia. 2 up on a 1200GS or RT1200.
Do people bring all their own riding gear from North America ?
I've used Edelweiss a number of times and they are GOOD. Ayers also is good, although I have only used them in South America. If you are willing to do a bit of pre-planning you will find that renting a bike and "self-guiding" is a reasonable alternative to going with a tour group.

Bring your own gear. Some companies rent equipment, but fit and hygiene won't be the same as having your own.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-Oct-2019, 11:21 AM (681)

Ive never considered using a tour company but I see the benefits (no hiccups, support, camaraderie with a group). Going it alone a few times allowed me the freedom to improvise. The tradeoff was not having a group to drink beer and bench race with, and yes, I missed that.
Edelweiss has been doing this for a very long time. You can't go wrong with them. They can control everything except the weather, and even that they probably have workarounds for. Enjoy!

Dave.

Dave
2018 R1200GS
2003 K1200RS
2010 Ducati 696 Monster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode