6Likes
  • 1 Post By slowriding
  • 2 Post By ArkansasPenguin
  • 1 Post By bigjohnsd
  • 2 Post By marc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 14-Nov-2018, 05:37 AM (484) Thread Starter

Back to Mexico

I went to the Getaway event in Kerrville, TX last weekend. What's not to like about riding the TX Hill Country and after a weekend of riding like a hooligan the only damage was a verbal warning about doing 85 in a 60 mph zone, thank you Constable.
After the event it was off to Eagle Pass, TX to get a tourist visa and pay a deposit to temporally import the bike. The process so reminds me of the Army. Stand in line at Window 1, get a form and fill it out, back into line and get my tourist visa. Now across the room to window 2, more paperwork, clerk needs copies, I give copies I brought, no, don't want those, need new copies. Go back to Window 1, stand in line, get copies. Back to Window 2 and stand in line. Give the clerk the copies, fill out more forms, give clerk my CC to pay for the visa, import of bike fee, deposit and I'm good to go. This process always helps me remember I'm not in the states anymore, this time took less than an hour, no complaints.
Spent the night in Monclova and the following night in Torreon. A cold front was moving into central MX and I woke to 39 F, that won't do for this old boy. A quick check and the weather forecast says Mazatlan would be 89 F, bags packed and 5 hours later I'm at the beach drinking cold beer in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops.
I'm going to spend a week wandering around Mexico and checking out some of the many Pueblas Magicos. Some are pretty cool, others not so much. While Maz is OK and will do in a pinch, there are so many better places to see and visit, some on the beach, some in the mountains. Lots of dirt roads to explore and interesting villages. When you get bored with the same old, come on down and have a look. Not everyone wants to rob or kill you.
gs1200rider likes this.

'13 BMW K1600GT
'08 Suzuki DR650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 14-Nov-2018, 06:52 AM (536)

Garage
Pictures please!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 23-Nov-2018, 06:04 PM (003)

Pictures

Pictures Please!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 24-Nov-2018, 08:16 AM (594) Thread Starter

Now that I am back from Mexico, I'll try to figure out how to post some pictures. I am a true Luddite and have to relearn how to do pictures as I post so few of them.

'13 BMW K1600GT
'08 Suzuki DR650
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 26-Feb-2019, 01:13 PM (800)

Red face It's not as bad as all of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowriding View Post
Now that I am back from Mexico, I'll try to figure out how to post some pictures. I am a true Luddite and have to relearn how to do pictures as I post so few of them.
Actually, if you were a Luddite you would bash your electronics with a crudely made mallet ...
slowriding and bigjohnsd like this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 27-Feb-2019, 08:41 AM (612)
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowriding View Post
Get yourself a SmugMug account.

Download the SmugMug APP to your phone

Upload the pictures by "sharing them from your phone" to your SmugMug account

Open the picture in your SmugMug account

At the bottom of the picture in the right-hand side click the leftmost icon, a little box with an arrow, it will show "Share" beneath it and a black box will pop up in the center of the screen.

Click choose a size and select Large.

Click the text that appears below, it will hilite the text

Right click the hilited text and "Copy"

Come back to this page and your post.

Put your cursor where you want the picture to appear.

Left click the little post card image right above the post window you are working in "Insert Image" will appear beneath the Post Card and after you click it a window will open above.

Put your cursor over the blue http and right click and paste the address for your image will miraculously appear.

Click preview post below and check your work.

Looking forward to your posts and pictures!
slowriding likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 27-Feb-2019, 10:41 AM (695)
GS (and DR)

The above is good advice and what I sometimes do. Other times I link to images on my website instead of smugmug. But there is a third option that does not require an external server. Upload the images as part of your post.

See the box that says "Drag files here to attach!"?

Drag your picture to that box. It will be uploaded and appended to the end of your post. The down side is that interspersing pics and words is hard. So make lots of posts, maybe one per picture describing the picture.
Attached Images

slowriding and bigjohnsd like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 28-Feb-2019, 07:45 PM (073) Thread Starter

Thank you gentlemen for the advice. I will see what I can do about posting up something from the Mexico trip.

A little bit busy now, I am in Alexandria, Egypt working on getting a bike through customs for a ride the length of Africa. Should take a bit shy of 3 months to complete the trip.

'13 BMW K1600GT
'08 Suzuki DR650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode