Training feedback - Page 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 19-Oct-2019, 09:02 AM (584)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_M View Post
My schedule didnít match the advertised dates for a 2 Ĺ day Intro to Adventure Class at RawHyde Ė California, so I booked a one day individual class. Though I missed out on the camaraderie of sharing the experience with potential new riding friends, I was able to successfully complete everything that the 2 Ĺ day class offered in one day (but I was a tired rider after that one day). It was great to have one-on-one instruction. I also rented their bike for the day as not to thrash my bike, but in the end, I only dropped their rental bike once and that was in the sand pit. Iím new to this type of big bike ADV riding and RawHyde taught me what the big bike can do. The folks at RawHyde-California treated me like family from the second I stepped onto their property and because of that I am seriously looking into what other riding classes/trips they offer.
RawHyde's High Rockies Adventure rides (two day rides) at their Colorado compound are great also.

https://rawhyde-offroad.com/training...adventure-ride

Mark
USN SCPO (Retired)
2017 GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-Nov-2019, 02:20 PM (847)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno23 View Post
I did RawHyde Level 1 in California last May. One day was rained out, they gave me a credit to come back anytime...

...I signed up for the follow on two day ride after the Level 1 training and I opted to take a rain check due incoming weather and I had to beat feet home before I couldn't get out.
Mark, I think we were in the same class! I did the follow-on two-day ride. First day was great, but the second day we got hammered by high winds and couldn't do some of the planned ridge riding. It was very unusual SoCal weather that weekend!

Last edited by ADV Wanderer; 09-Nov-2019 at 04:48 PM (950).
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-Nov-2019, 03:42 PM (904)

Garage
MAN!!!! You guys got me wanting to take the BMW SC course......I'll be checking into that, I live about 40 miles from them!!!! That would be a blast!!!
ADV Wanderer likes this.

Marty
2007 R1200 GSA

Asheville Area USA

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-Nov-2019, 07:46 PM (074)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV Wanderer View Post
Mark, I think we were in the same class! I did the follow-on two-day ride. First day was great, but the second day we got hammered by high winds and couldn't do some of the planned ridge riding. It was very unusual SoCal weather that weekend!
ADV Wanderer,
Yea it was some strange SoCal weather that weekend. Atleast we got part of one good day in. The winds getting through the Mojave area to get to RawHyde almost made me turnaround. Wasnt much better getting home either until I got farther north. There were big rigs and campers littering the ditches on my way home.
Great time though.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-Nov-2019, 09:05 PM (128)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayshooter08 View Post
MAN!!!! You guys got me wanting to take the BMW SC course......I'll be checking into that, I live about 40 miles from them!!!! That would be a blast!!!
You should go for it. These types of classes may seem expensive, but they are a better investment than any bike mods or farkles.

Really helps with your confidence offroad and you get to meet other ADV guys at a similar skill level as yourself.
Clayshooter08 likes this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 19-Nov-2019, 08:22 PM (099)

Big thumbs up for Rawhyde. Took level one this year and am already signed up for "Next Step" in 2020.
Clayshooter08 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode