Anyone stayed @ Simple Life Mountain Retreat - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jrchain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 20-Aug-2019, 03:00 PM (833) Thread Starter
'05 R 1200 Gs

Anyone stayed @ Simple Life Mountain Retreat

in Robbinsville N C?

I will be up there beginning October 12th for a mountain ride. I have used the 2 Wheel Inn and Kickstand Lodge, but saw this one while doing research. A single room cabin for $32/night seems like 2 good 2 be true. The website pics look decent.

and $42 for this one

'05 1200 GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 21-Aug-2019, 07:14 AM (510)
Senile Member on 2006 GS

Garage
Interesting. From the pictures, it looks to me like the cabins don't have heat, AC, or indoor plumbing. If there's electric, the wires must be buried. Almost more like a rigid, permanent tent than a motel or traditional cabin. Do they supply bedding, or are you expected to use your sleeping bag (not a sarcastic question; KOA rents "Kabins" with very similar appearance and price, and while they provide a foam mattress, they expect you to put your sleeping bag on top of it)?

Whizzy brakes, no FD drain plug, what's not to like?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 21-Aug-2019, 09:58 AM (624)

Garage
The surroundings look sweet and may justify the price but it seems a bit high. The "what do you get" questions are on target. If it's a bare bunk and chair, no lights, not even a minimal kitchen or bedding or commode, I'd be in my Big Bertha tent in an Appalachian minute.

That lower unit in the first picture looks like a vault toilet to me, your basic outhouse?

Last edited by Crucian; 21-Aug-2019 at 10:01 AM (625).

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 21-Aug-2019, 01:38 PM (776) Thread Starter
'05 R 1200 Gs

Check it out

https://thesimplelifecampground.com/

All cabins have Heat and A/C. All are electrified and access to wifi.

The $32 units would require using a bathhouse ( which looks just fine from the pics). The $42.00 units have private bath and the above mentioned amenities. Thet are full service.

$32 unit interior

What to Expect

Fully Powered
AC & Heat
WiFi
Picnic table
Rocking Chair
Grill & fire pit
Bathhouse w/hot showers
Coffee Pot
Handicap Accessible
No Smoking in cabins

'05 1200 GS
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 28-Aug-2019, 05:16 PM (928)

I stayed there the past 3 nights in a single twin bed cabin. About $35 per night with taxes etc. Nice placeó13 acres on side of mountain. Owners were very nice and accommodating. My cabin had heat/AC and electric. Even internet access. Bed and bed linens included but bring your own towel. Bath house for bathing. Only complaint is that mattress too soft for my taste. Covered motorcycle parking. Right adjacent to Cherohala and about 15-20 minutes from the dragon. Clean and hospitable. I enjoyed it and will go back.
Southpaw likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 30-Aug-2019, 07:01 AM (501) Thread Starter
'05 R 1200 Gs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrchain View Post
I stayed there the past 3 nights in a single twin bed cabin. About $35 per night with taxes etc. Nice placeó13 acres on side of mountain. Owners were very nice and accommodating. My cabin had heat/AC and electric. Even internet access. Bed and bed linens included but bring your own towel. Bath house for bathing. Only complaint is that mattress too soft for my taste. Covered motorcycle parking. Right adjacent to Cherohala and about 15-20 minutes from the dragon. Clean and hospitable. I enjoyed it and will go back.
Thank you for the review. Looks like a stopover for me. I always bring the towel.

'05 1200 GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode