R1200GS Forum banner

Anyone stayed @ Simple Life Mountain Retreat

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Southpaw 
#1 ·
in Robbinsville N C?

I will be up there beginning October 12th for a mountain ride. I have used the 2 Wheel Inn and Kickstand Lodge, but saw this one while doing research. A single room cabin for $32/night seems like 2 good 2 be true. The website pics look decent.

and $42 for this one

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting. From the pictures, it looks to me like the cabins don't have heat, AC, or indoor plumbing. If there's electric, the wires must be buried. Almost more like a rigid, permanent tent than a motel or traditional cabin. Do they supply bedding, or are you expected to use your sleeping bag (not a sarcastic question; KOA rents "Kabins" with very similar appearance and price, and while they provide a foam mattress, they expect you to put your sleeping bag on top of it)?

#3 · (Edited)
The surroundings look sweet and may justify the price but it seems a bit high. The "what do you get" questions are on target. If it's a bare bunk and chair, no lights, not even a minimal kitchen or bedding or commode, I'd be in my Big Bertha tent in an Appalachian minute.

That lower unit in the first picture looks like a vault toilet to me, your basic outhouse?

#4 ·
Check it out

https://thesimplelifecampground.com/

All cabins have Heat and A/C. All are electrified and access to wifi.

The $32 units would require using a bathhouse ( which looks just fine from the pics). The $42.00 units have private bath and the above mentioned amenities. Thet are full service.

$32 unit interior

What to Expect

Fully Powered
AC & Heat
WiFi
Picnic table
Rocking Chair
Grill & fire pit
Bathhouse w/hot showers
Coffee Pot
Handicap Accessible
No Smoking in cabins

#5 ·
I stayed there the past 3 nights in a single twin bed cabin. About $35 per night with taxes etc. Nice place—13 acres on side of mountain. Owners were very nice and accommodating. My cabin had heat/AC and electric. Even internet access. Bed and bed linens included but bring your own towel. Bath house for bathing. Only complaint is that mattress too soft for my taste. Covered motorcycle parking. Right adjacent to Cherohala and about 15-20 minutes from the dragon. Clean and hospitable. I enjoyed it and will go back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.