R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ALL PICS HERE

Used motorcycle: BMW GS 1200 R - BMW 1200 GS Adventure

Milestones: Palermo-Termini Platani-Palermo Imerese-Caccamo-Roccapalumba-Mussomeli-Acquaviva

Countries visited: Italy

Visit regions: Sicily

Paths Km: 216

Duration: Day

Who knows what has never led the La Befana in Sicily? Of course the Sun! Clear blue skies, 20 ° degrees in short ideal for inagurare the new 2010 motorcycling season. After a good breakfast at 09.00 are already on the road. Quickly reached Termini Imerese and portal SS285 in direction Caccamo. I leave behind me sea and in short I come near the town of Caccamo. A wonderful view on Lake Rosamarina requires me to a stop. A spectacular foreshortened offers to my eyes. Lake against a backdrop of mountains and sea, seem to continue a long canyon. Shortly after the majestic Caccamo, Castle overlooking the entire city from above. Prodeguo along the road towards Roccapalumba. The landscape is fantastic, a soft light illuminates pastures, creating a spectacular ' shadows game. This is a great place the Sicani Monti district. On a curve suddenly rear wheel slips away. Luckily I keep the bike. I firmly to check what has happened is I see that the road there is a strange light sparkle. Touch land and to my surprise I realise is ice! Obviously in night awake… temperature has fallen significantly and frost has evolved into a thin film of ice sparse here and there. The thermometer has fallen from 20 ° on the coast at 12 °. I call my friend, save that I is reaching, warning of the danger. So carefully supero stroke icy then safely resume gear. I come to Roccapalumba and here I decide to take fast scrolling for Agrigento, I would not come too late for the visit of the Castle. The Cammararata crossroads, I follow for Vallelunga and after just 5 km I come to target. Parked the bike and paid the entrance to the Castle, I await the arrival of Salvo. Castle constructed between the 1364 and 1367 by Manfredi III Chiaramonte http://mussomelicastle.megablog.it/ is located in a strategic position on a spur of rock, impregnable. Guided tour allows you to better appreciate this long, discovering the most secret places between myths and legends. After the visit, having regard to the lunch time we decide to eat "little something". The choice falls on the hotels Monticelli http://www.agriturismomonticelli.it/ristorante.asp situated in a beautiful panoramic position. Excellent cuisine and service. In addition to the rooms, there is a large swimming pool and a small artificial lake where to fish trout and carp, truly original. We simply starters and the first and after having greeted the holder in the company of a good coffee, let towards home. A few kilometres we reach to Acquaviva Platani. From here in short we return to fast scrolling PA-AG. The low light we still brings the magnificent scenarios long return route. Approximately 15 km from Palermo, after a day spent in the Sun, it is glimpsed a light rain... but no matter, the La Befana already gave us his gift. The next

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI from greece..we will come to sicili this june,so any informations will be great....nice photoshoots!!!
you are wellcome

my english it isn't good but if you want you call call me free in Skype my nickname is : fracharly2001 so we can planning a trip together

·
Registered
2 Posts
my english are bad too...i invited you in skype..
we will come to sicily two bikes,4 people..

last year we were to amalfi,rome,toskany,genova....it was fantastic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts