R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to the forum and new to the GS. Love it so far. Curious if anyone has any experience with soft luggage...mainly saddle bags. Are there any out there that clear the exhaust far enough so that the bag doesn't melt? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Giant Loop (giantloopmoto.com) has a new set of soft saddlebags that they are calling Siskiyou Panniers. They had the prototypes last year at the Horizons Unlimited meeting in California (which is very much worth the trip). They looked really good. They aren't out yet - next week. I ordered a set. We will see how it goes.

I have one of the Great Basin saddlebags with lots of miles on it and the quality and durability have been well above average. On their website take a look at the last picture to the right under the bags. It looks like a set on a 1200GS and it appears to be clearing the exhaust. I think it comes with some guards if it is an issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Soft luggage

Hi envirguy,
Got the "nelson trigg" soft luggage last year, been really pleased so far.... Lots of straps and rain covers included....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soft Luggage

Thanks Markjh.....exactly which model of Nelson Riggs soft luggage did you get. Did you have any issue with the exhaust? Did you need an exhaust guard??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Luggage

Hi enviroguy,
The luggage is nelson rigg cl850..... Did fabricate small brackets to keep them off the exhaust, but really been great.....
Good luck with yours....
Import:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts