R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left grip and switchgear has a bit of movement if I rotate it back and forth. Can you all check yours and see if it has the same movement. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine did the same thing. There is a small torques screw right behind the grip at the wonder wheel. That will tighten up the switchgear.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That little T8 screw did nothing for mine.
I gather you tighten that screw down all the way. I thought I was going to strip out the screw and then it finally tighten up. I got the idea from Adventure Rider from an inmate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Careful there is a small screw behind the switch gear covers if that strips it’s game over remove the screw that splits the switch in 2 halves then see. A small 6allen screw remove and add tape to the bar re install all will be good take your time and good head light

·
Super Awesom Person
527 Posts
Careful there is a small screw behind the switch gear covers if that strips it’s game over remove the screw that splits the switch in 2 halves then see. A small 6allen screw remove and add tape to the bar re install all will be good take your time and good head light
That is a good idea but as it's still under warinty I'll let them handle it. I'm glad mhcolumbus said something or I would have forgotten about it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My local dealership person made a video going around to 3 gs's and they all did it. I'll go with by design whether I like it or not and leave it alone for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts