R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

New owner of a 2016 GSA & gotta say that so far this bike is so much fun to drive.....too bad winter is almost here up north.

Last bike was a '90 Honda ST-1100 that left me at 207,000 kms > picked up the Bmer same day I sold Honda for parts!

Looking forward to sifting thru all the valuable info on this site

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
Remember, never too cold, only too slippery.

HippoHands and a heated vest go a long way...I'm usually good down to 45°F with a winter neck gaiter and good socks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Everyone,

New owner of a 2016 GSA & gotta say that so far this bike is so much fun to drive.....too bad winter is almost here up north.

Last bike was a '90 Honda ST-1100 that left me at 207,000 kms > picked up the Bmer same day I sold Honda for parts!

Looking forward to sifting thru all the valuable info on this site
Welcome! You can enjoy that bike all year as long as there is no snow and crud on the streets. I ride my '16GSA, red too like yours, all year. Put extended hand guards. That will help a lot. Lots of good info from great owners here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! You can enjoy that bike all year as long as there is no snow and crud on the streets. I ride my '16GSA, red too like yours, all year. Put extended hand guards. That will help a lot. Lots of good info from great owners here.
I'm actually in Montreal, Qc (work from home but network is thru US so my calling shows USA instead of Canada. What ya gonna do Eh! Snow is coming but for sure I will maximize the season as long as I can!

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
I'm actually in Montreal, Qc (work from home but network is thru US so my calling shows USA instead of Canada. What ya gonna do Eh! Snow is coming but for sure I will maximize the season as long as I can!
An old thread to keep you legal for winter riding in QC...some M&S options available.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Congrats for the bike, you will be really fun and grin with machine. My opinion is to be patient for next spring, make full maintenance and prepare it for long time reliable! Good luck!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Your going to hate it !!!! the damn amount of money you're going to spend or want to spend on accessories is going to HUGE !!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts