R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a friends bike and it is displaying a symbol on the display that I am not familiar with. It looks like a smudge pot with 3 dashes on each side and an arrow pointing up on the right side of it. I downloaded what is supposed to be the correct Riders Manual and the symbol does not appear to be in there. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
Display.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am working on a friends bike and it is displaying a symbol on the display that I am not familiar with. It looks like a smudge pot with 3 dashes on each side and an arrow pointing up on the right side of it. I downloaded what is supposed to be the correct Riders Manual and the symbol does not appear to be in there. I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
View attachment 28211 View attachment 28211
Check the headlights...
Thanks, apparently the manual I downloaded was not for the 2005 even though it was labeled for it. Looks like it is the parking light.

·
Registered
549 Posts
As posted on your thread on the big Adventure site its "A" light bulb that is failed. It could be the high beam, low beam and/or city light that is not working. We know its a forward bulb becasue the arrow is pointing towards the front of the bike.

What work are you doing to this friends bike?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As posted on your thread on the big Adventure site its "A" light bulb that is failed. It could be the high beam, low beam and/or city light that is not working. We know its a forward bulb becasue the arrow is pointing towards the front of the bike.

What work are you doing to this friends bike?
It sat for 4 years so I am going through everything and getting it back in order.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm sure you are aware but a flush and bleed of the servo/ABS system is at the top of the list.

You'll need a servo funnel from Beemer Bone Yard a 7mm combo wrench and a section of 3/16 ID poly tubing. Some rags and brake cleaner won't hurt either.

A few quick references:

Fluid capacities:

Engine oil w/ filter change 4 liters of 15W50 or 20W50
Transmission 700 to 900cc's of 75W-140
Rear drive - exactly 180cc's of 75W-140
Brake fluid 2 pints of DOT4
Fork oil 650 cc per leg 10W

Parts:

Swingarm pivot bearings - 30203
Oil Filter - HiFlo 164
Air filter - Mahle LX984/2
Spark plugs - NGK DCPR8EXC

Valve clearance:

Intake - cold 0,15mm
Exhaust - cold 0,30mm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure you are aware but a flush and bleed of the servo/ABS system is at the top of the list.

You'll need a servo funnel from Beemer Bone Yard a 7mm combo wrench and a section of 3/16 ID poly tubing. Some rags and brake cleaner won't hurt either.

A few quick references:

Fluid capacities:

Engine oil w/ filter change 4 liters of 15W50 or 20W50
Transmission 700 to 900cc's of 75W-140
Rear drive - exactly 180cc's of 75W-140
Brake fluid 2 pints of DOT4
Fork oil 650 cc per leg 10W

Parts:

Swingarm pivot bearings - 30203
Oil Filter - HiFlo 164
Air filter - Mahle LX984/2
Spark plugs - NGK DCPR8EXC

Valve clearance:

Intake - cold 0,15mm
Exhaust - cold 0,30mm
Wow, thanks for all the info. I have already done the Servo Brake System. I previously owned an 04GSA so I was familiar with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts