R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy i am having a problem with my bike, it will not start in gear with my clutch fully depressed.I checked my kick stand switch its performing the way it is suppose. I took it to BMW dealer and they had my bike for couple of days and then they said all the switches are good and they think its gear selector meter but are not sure. I wonder if any one else had the same problem,i will appreciate some help. Thanks in advance. Alex Malik

·
Registered
104 Posts
Try this, hold the start button down and pull the clutch lever back and forth a few times and see if it engages, my RT has the same issue and found it to be the clutch micro switch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try this, hold the start button down and pull the clutch lever back and forth a few times and see if it engages, my RT has the same issue and found it to be the clutch micro switch
Thanks for getting back to me
I took the bike to the dealer and they checked it as well and was told all other test are good and they think it's potansio meter but they are not sure what's your input on that the meter is not reading neutral i do not want to spend and find out that's not the problem
Alex Malik

·
Registered
104 Posts
That I'm not sure about the meter. I know on the RT the clutch micro switch acts up from time to time ( same part on the GS ) . You have no issues when it's in neutral ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts