R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2006 R1200GS has ABS problem. After turning ignition on, ABS light is blinking quickly. Hand brake lever does not start ABS motor at all. Foot brake lever starts, but after releasing it, ABS motor continues operation, unlike it was before and can not be turned off. It stops only when I push foot brake lever completely, and after releasing, it starts operation again. I have tried to flush the system by Dot 4. Pump does not operate for front system (fluid moves only while pushing hand lever). For back system, it works (moves the fluid). Front brake lever switch seems to be ok.

Could you please help me to identify the reason and solve the problem?

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
If flush did not fix, likely need a (expensive) new pump or can go though the process of removing ABS. @PerazziMx14 has posted instructions on how to do the removal if that is the path you want to take.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
Others will likely jump in. This tgread is worth a read:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much guys!

Seems I will also have to remove ABS completely. Can you suggest where can I buy those line jumpers for both front and back systems? I am not in USA but I can use freight forwarder service.

Or PerazziMx14 maybe you sell them that you made?

Many thanks to you again!

·
Registered
2005 R1200GS
22 Posts
Baghdadishvili: if you can’t get one of those jumpers like PerazxiMx14 is making easily you can get the OEM “distribution piece” used on non-ABS equipped models from BMW part # 34 72 7 650 965. About $80 incl tax. As for the rear brake plumbing from the master cylinder to the caliper I used a piece of the rigid ABS lines that I removed and carefully bent it to go from the fixture on the frame that connected the ABS to the SS brake line. Since the ABS lines have a proprietary connection method retain that end ( it connects to the rear distribution piece mounted on the frame) then shape the line to fit (tedious) and have a local hose shop put the little “ bubble flair in the end that goes into the rear master cylinder.
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Baghdadishvili: if you can’t get one of those jumpers like PerazxiMx14 is making easily you can get the OEM “distribution piece” used on non-ABS equipped models from BMW part # 34 72 7 650 965. About $80 incl tax. As for the rear brake plumbing from the master cylinder to the caliper I used a piece of the rigid ABS lines that I removed and carefully bent it to go from the fixture on the frame that connected the ABS to the SS brake line. Since the ABS lines have a proprietary connection method retain that end ( it connects to the rear distribution piece mounted on the frame) then shape the line to fit (tedious) and have a local hose shop put the little “ bubble flair in the end that goes into the rear master cylinder. View attachment 31293 View attachment 31294
Actually you can order all the OEM parts right from BMW to make it plug-n-play, it just costs more. These parts are found on the 2005 - 2006 Non-ABS models.

Go to MAX BMW classic parts fishe. Click 2005-2007 R1200GS under the "brakes" tab then scroll down to "Non-ABS".

For the front circuit part #'s 2, 3, 4, & 5

Font Circle Auto part Pattern Event

For the rear circuit part #'s 1, 2, & 3

Automotive exterior Auto part Font Rectangle Automotive window part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts