R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wandering if anyone can has had the same issue as me . There is a weird rubbing sound almost like a squeaky sound coming from the rear wheel when I push my bike around . I’ll put a video below. Does anyone know what that could be ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I was wandering if anyone can has had the same issue as me . There is a weird rubbing sound almost like a squeaky sound coming from the rear wheel when I push my bike around . I’ll put a video below. Does anyone know what that could be ?
You might put the bike on the center stand and try rotating the rear wheel with bike in netural and see if it make's the same noise. That might rule out the drive shaft and final drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might put the bike on the center stand and try rotating the rear wheel with bike in netural and see if it make's the same noise. That might rule out the drive shaft and final drive.
it doesn’t make the same sound when on center stand

·
Registered
2006 R1200GS, 2007 R1200GS. 2005 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GSA, 2005 R1200GS, 2006 R1200GS, 2
2,007 Posts
Put it back on the centerstand and weight the back of the bike until the front wheel is off the ground. Then give the front wheel a spin and see if the noise is coming from there.

·
Administrator
1,886 Posts
If suggestions above do not isolate the noise and you are close to a final drive oil change, may want pull the driveshaft and thoroughly check over the final drive for any noise/roughness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If suggestions above do not isolate the noise and you are close to a final drive oil change, may want pull the driveshaft and thoroughly check over the final drive for any noise/roughness.
The thing is that it doesn’t do all the time . If you take the bike for a long ride it will stop doing it . Also I did change the bearings and the seals but still the same issue

·
Super Awesom Person
950 Posts
I just ordered a used complete rear shaft hub . It’s the main bearing but it’s attached to the whole back system that turns the wheel . There is no part number for it you have to replace the whole thing . Apparently this part isn’t supposed to fail .
Well that kinda sucks. I guess you can be happy about being home and not out on some long trip with a frozen bearing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts