R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been a lurker for a few months in this forum. Finally acquired my “new” GS today. It is a 2012 R1200GS Rallye with vario cases, engine protection guards, huggers, auxiliary light etc. It has only got 25.000 kilometers (15.500 miles) on the clock. This bike is my second boxer engine motorcycle, first one is a RnineT so I know few things about engine characteristics. I ride few kilometers today and I fell in love immediately with this bike. Absolute masterpiece and very comfortable riding ergonomics. The tires are 2019 Anakee 3, are they good? I’m open for suggestions for tires and I’ll be happy if you give me some advices about oil cooled dohc GS. Here are some pictures :)

·
Registered
2018 R1200GS
11 Posts
Welcome! I think the GS is a marvelous bike too. Anakee 3 are very good street tires. However you may want to consider something like a 50/50 tire if you plan to do any off-road riding. Enjoy the bike and safe travels!

·
Registered
97 Posts
This wins the best-looking hexhead ever price in my opinion. Love the color scheme!

The Anakee 3’s are fairly capable. I find them very confident on regular dirt/gravel roads, and I have even taken them through muddy single trails and sandy ATV trails and lived to tell the tale. I will take them on my long planned Trans Labrador trip if they ever let us cross the border again.

I now have a second set of wheels with TKC80s which eat mud for breakfast and are great on the road as well but they won’t last as long.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome @ardacanadali !
Nice looking bike.
You mention tires here and the can of worms explodes! I wont even go there. Search tires and see what I mean. 😉
Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
967 Posts
Welcome, nice bike!

Tires are all personal preference based on where you ride and skills. Agree with Ryno lots (and lots!) of info if you search. Tradeoffs in mileage, noise and performance going from 90/10s to 50/50s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for all the information. Currently I’m happy with anakee 3 but I will consider your advices.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Enjoy it! I like the Metzler NEXT and do mostly paved with a few dirt & gravel roads thrown in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts