R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like several other owners not happy with clutch drag, clunky changes with my 2013 waterhead. I have been told that there was a upgraded clutch pushrod that is marginally longer done under warranty in other countries. Has anyone had the mod done or know anything about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly a big thanks Tac1 for taking the time to reply. Guess its now off to local dealer to do battle.....but not very hopeful of getting any sympathy. Are you aware if you can get to the part via slave cylinder removal or do i need to remove from the clutch side?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well a interesting chat with Dealer today....as i thought "Never seen a issue like that before" was the well rehearsed line. Gave them the updated part number, and yes it does exist but unable to explain why there was a updated part. But they have a recall on my bike for a DME software download. This download is to enable smoother gear change and overide the bike being stuck in gear....faboulous, except i dont have shift assist on my bike! A momentary pause from the dealer and on with the spiel. Short version its getting the download this week knowing full well its not going to help the clutch at all. Will order the updated part while i am there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well a interesting chat with Dealer today....as i thought "Never seen a issue like that before" was the well rehearsed line. Gave them the updated part number, and yes it does exist but unable to explain why there was a updated part. But they have a recall on my bike for a DME software download. This download is to enable smoother gear change and overide the bike being stuck in gear....fabulous, except i dont have shift assist on my bike! A momentary pause from the dealer and on with the spiel. Short version its getting the download this week knowing full well its not going to help the clutch at all. Will order the updated part while i am there.
Well a quick update...no pun intended...picked the bike up today for the dealer to tell me theres nothing wrong with the clutch on the road test BUT after doing the test ride, with the motor off they couldn't move the bike as the back brake was stuck on! They bled the system and asked me to monitor........10klm down the road the bike suddenly started to slow dramatically, i glanced down and saw a slight smoking from the rear of the bike. Pulled over and the disc was lightly smoking and brake pedal was rock hard. Got a spanner and backed the brake adjuster right off, the bike could now be moved freely. Not sure if the software download did something to the ABS but will get to the bottom of it. And the clutch is still cr.p!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts