R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I sold my 2014 last fall and bought a 2020 in December.
Sell your bike for a premium, buy a new one at a premium as well. The gap between the two will be the lowest right now.
If you're going to trade in via the dealer, negotiate the trade-in value UP as used bikes are in high demand. Probably even more so than new bikes. If the price gap bothers you, just sell it yourself quickly and easily this time of year and close that gap by $3grand or so.

The 1200 GSA was incredible, but the1250 blows it away. I won't repeat the list of refinements you already know, but the riding difference is spectacular. Both on-road, and off.

Good luck and have fun!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
The day I climb on a 1250 GSA and suddenly can do things that I can't do now... I just don't see that day coming. I suppose that's what I mean. I shouldn't be able to tour any better than I can currently, commute better than I can currently, ride trails and fire service roads better than I currently can or do anything else better than I currently can. It's not a ride-changing difference for me. I do all of that on my '16 with ease. I see no difficulty in performing any on or off road riding with my '16. I don't see the 1250 making me more capable. It's not the bike, it's the rider, I guess. I can do everything I want on my bike. Everything. It's not a bizarre statement at all. I don't need the machine to make up any difference for me, and I'm not racing such that differences, small or large, in performance will do anything for me at the end of the day.
I would say the same about my 1150gs. Yet here I am, 4 bikes later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts