R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
If one is available I'd Go for it, knowing the supply issues if you did buy one and had to sell your loss would be minimal, I love the new motor the TFT is easy to see your speed

I would

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Didn’t trade up from a 2014. My first GS was 2020 new. Had a K1600 before which I traded in.
I’ve also got a 2002 pan European and have tested the GS for a number of years and was always a little disappointed with the grunt finding it similar to the pan.

1250 arrives and I was smitten. It’s not as powerful as the K16 but weighs he’ll of a lot less and can do the same job with a Vario x-screen fitted.
TL:DR. The 1250 is a whole new kettle of fish as far as I’m concerned and made me jump from the ultimate tourer to something that will literally do everything.

Simply. Yes. Deffo worth the upgrade.
Do you have the GS or the adventure,

I have a 2018 adventure and sometimes contemplating trading to the GS for less weight and seat height, I tried a lower seat then my knees were to high, but I have rode 32000 miles so something is good. For me to upgrade it's got to be a good deal or a significant difference

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sometimes I would be willing to trade my GSA for a GS,

The GS is smaller and little bit more nimble

I may wait until the supply chain is better and have more choices I'm just great full to have a fantastic bike to ride

·
Registered
152 Posts
Don’t forget the 1250 is plagued by an irritating intermittent pinging noise from the butterfly intake valve which affects some bikes more than others .
My first 1250 GS from 2019 suffered so much from it, I sold the bike after 10 months .
My present Executive version from 2020 isn’t free from it but at a tolerable level.
Some 1250 loaners I rode since then, make so much noise , I really wouldn’t like to own them .
I'm sure that the noise is no worse than a Harley Davidson

My road glide is pretty loud with the Rinehart pipe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts