R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this graphics kit on eBay that comes from South Korea? It looks pretty good in the pictures, however the it's a 1250 in the picture. My bike is olive green and I hate that colour. I was thinking of painting it and adding decals. The kit on eBay is a little too flashy, but I don't have to use all of the decals that come with it.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would work, however a GS is pretty rare where I live. I'm not sure if I would want to ship my plastic to a stranger and hope he ships his back to me. I search eBay once and a while for spare plastic but haven't found anything yet.

You have the olive mat color or what ever that’s called? Ever try to swap colors with some one?

· Registered
2017 R1200GSA
123 Posts
Try Aliexpress. I got my wrap kit from there and I did the wrap myself. I didn't like the look of my 2017GSA white with light silver tank; the whole bike looked too big with one solid color like that. I needed some patterns to breakup the white spaces. The quality and fit of the decal wrap kit was good. The shipping time was really long. If I had to do it over again, I would bring the wrap kit and bike to a vinyl wrap shop for them to do. My final result was good but it was really hard to do it right, and I felt like I needed 3 hands (one hand to hold the heat gun) to do the job. See the before and after pictures below.

Before:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

After:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

The decals on the panier were custom made to match the color scheme of the bike.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The trophy colors look great, but the fact that the bike in the picture has the matching trophy saddle makes me wonder if it's a picture of the graphics kit or a real trophy bike.
I think it's all photoshopped, but you can see the tank decals are slightly different than the factory decals. The GS is not on the tank either. I wish they would use a real picture.

· Registered
5 Posts
I purchased decals for my 09 GS from Signature. They look good and have worn well, including enduring several hours of fuel splattering onto one side when my fuel pump starting leaking on a long ride. Some of those other suppliers appear to have good products, as well. My only advice is to follow the directions, use some soapy water, etc. If you're new to graphic application, like me, it's a bit of trick to get a large decal perfectly aligned and bubble free, but can be done after a few tries.

· Registered
69 Posts
I purchased decals for my 09 GS from Signature. They look good and have worn well, including enduring several hours of fuel splattering onto one side when my fuel pump starting leaking on a long ride. Some of those other suppliers appear to have good products, as well. My only advice is to follow the directions, use some soapy water, etc. If you're new to graphic application, like me, it's a bit of trick to get a large decal perfectly aligned and bubble free, but can be done after a few tries.
+1 on Signature CD! They make a number of different styles, BMW specific for either GS or ADV, matched to the stock paint colors of the bike. Everything from "mild" to "wild". Great company to deal with, great quality decals and they have a number of installation videos on their website if you've never done decals of this size before (1st for me). Only issue is shipping from Cyprus to the U.S. takes a bit, but worth the wait...

They're very cognizant of any (potential) copyright issues so the beak decals that would normally say "R 1200 GS" say "Boxer 1200" instead. I added a little red pinstriping on the tank, just below the "R12" and on the radiator surrounds (where the GS roundel is) to just add some color.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

1 - 16 of 16 Posts