R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys. New here. Hope everyone is well. Anyway, I'm thinking of purchasing a used 2015 GSA that has 83,000 mi. A little scary, and I wish I knew the history of it. But it's a one owner bike from someone who rode the heck out of it, but appears to also have taken good care of it. He probably traded it in for a new one. So i've never owned a BMW before and in viewing the video I was a little concerned with the amount of mileage on the bike; but also the clicking/clacking sound coming from the motor. Is this amount of audible noise normal? I've probably watched about 10 different videos of GS's and GSA's and a few had a similar clacking noise -but not as pronounced. I do like this bike though. Here is the video from Euro Cycles in Tampa:

Can you help with your thoughts on this? Also, does anyone know if the blue engine guards and pannier mounts are oem? Never saw that color before. Here is a video of another one I'm considering, but it's a little more expensive than I'd like:

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's a tough call. As long as you get solid matainence records and considering the added farkles, I'd say go for it.

The side cases, Clearwater lights and fork lights cost well over $1200.

Offer them $9000.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Videos like photographs can be deceptive but it certainly looks to be very clean given the mileage. The bar work is all original but has been painted. Personally I like the look of it and may do mine further down the track because eventually the original silver finish does go a bit tatty. Fair bit of carbon bling on the bike too so the previous owner wasn't shy on spending money. A half decent BMW dealer should be able to pull the service records from their computer. If the bike looks as good in the flesh as it does in the video and it has a good service history I don't see why it shouldn't be a good buy at the right price. If you aren't going to rack up big miles then it should give you many years of good service, I personally prefer used bikes that have been ridden, not hidden! Maybe just consider that if you decide to move it on in a few years the mileage might make it difficult to sell and make an offer accordingly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the informed input. Nice food for thought. Didn't think about the bars being painted. Maybe powder coating is the way to go for yours.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have 80K miles on my 2014 and wouldn't be afraid to ride it cross country! I did have my clutch replaced when the stator failed (my fault) and went ahead and replaced the clutch while the dealer had it apart. These bikes are mechnicaly noisy!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I dealt with the guys there at Euro cycle and they are good people to work with. That is a lot of miles, but they are probably all Highway miles so not all that bad. It looks likes it's been taken care of, but I'd still see what else is out there to compare. Are they offering anytime of warranty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts