R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that my low beam would not turn off even though I have my lights set to automatic. Anyone else ever have this?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have 2014GS my low beam lights doesn't turn off only time it is off when the ignition is off. My lights are set for automatic as well. I do have the LED lighting, daytime light and low beam are one in same, on all the time, it seems. Owners manual doesn't say how you can turn off the low beam light only the high beam. Also there was a post about new GSLC daytime lights and how they work in advriders.com. All didn't make sense to me so I left it as it is, and added on more lights so I can be seen.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why do you care? What a pointless response to the question....
I was just surprised that a most BMW riders are safe riders,
Guess you are different than most.
Safety for you and others on the road that is what I was concerned with but I'll ride the way I want,and you can ride the way
you want.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just surprised that a most BMW riders are safe riders,
Guess you are different than most.
Safety for you and others on the road that is what I was concerned with but I'll ride the way I want,and you can ride the way
you want.
You're an idiot.

Go and complain to BMW.... They designed it that way

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 2014GS my low beam lights doesn't turn off only time it is off when the ignition is off. My lights are set for automatic as well. I do have the LED lighting, daytime light and low beam are one in same, on all the time, it seems. Owners manual doesn't say how you can turn off the low beam light only the high beam. Also there was a post about new GSLC daytime lights and how they work in advriders.com. All didn't make sense to me so I left it as it is, and added on more lights so I can be seen.
Switchglide I see you think like me,
But this guy thinks a little different!

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you don't want your lights on, try covering them with duck-tape >:)

seriously though, I am not sure I get the initial question. But I thought its the law in most, if not all states, that motorcycle headlights MUST stay on while the bike is running?

·
Not that senior.
690 Posts
you could on the older bikes

I remember reading in my owners manual on my 2007 bike, that there was a way of turning the headlight off when starting the bike up, I remember thinking at the time, why would i want to turn it off?, i even spent a shed load of money fitting Clearwater running lights for extra viability.

It is not a legal requirement in Australia, but i think every bike sold in this country has headlights on, as the standard default.

This was where i first saw the tip.

R1200GS "Tricks"

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sigh....I will just leave this here. I am in Australia and it's completely legal just to have daytime running lights during the day

As seen here.

This issue has been fixed anyway so this thread can be closed. I have zero interest in anyone's view if this lighting is adequate or not and if you don't like it then go and bitch to BMW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts