R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to replace the stock levers with ones with a shorter reach. With the stock levers, even on the shortest setting (#1), the reach is further than I'd like and hard on my right hand/fingers which I broke a few years ago.

Anybody using aftermarket levers that'll help in this regard?

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd like to replace the stock levers with ones with a shorter reach. With the stock levers, even on the shortest setting (#1), the reach is further than I'd like and hard on my right hand/fingers which I broke a few years ago.

Anybody using aftermarket levers that'll help in this regard?

Thanks
Dan
I have the Wunderlich adjustable levers set to be short. They allow me to two finger the levers without interference from the rest of my fingers when pulling the levers in. I was hoping that they would also reduce the distance between the lever and the grip, but don’t think that they do that to any substantial degree. I do like them for what they do and, as one expects from Wunderlich, they are a well made quality product but don’t think that they do anything better than much cheaper levers that are offered online on eBay, Amazon and other places.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Wunderlich adjustable levers set to be short. They allow me to two finger the levers without interference from the rest of my fingers when pulling the levers in. I was hoping that they would also reduce the distance between the lever and the grip, but don’t think that they do that to any substantial degree. I do like them for what they do and, as one expects from Wunderlich, they are a well made quality product but don’t think that they do anything better than much cheaper levers that are offered online on eBay, Amazon and other places.
Thanks. It's that distance between the lever and grip I'm trying to reduce...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks. It's that distance between the lever and grip I'm trying to reduce...
Unfortunately, that distance really can’t be reduced much more than the stock levers, particularly on the clutch side, in order for the clutch/brake to have room to be fully engaged when the rider is wearing heavy gloves. With the shorties, I can dial in the closest setting to the grip and fully engage the clutch because my other fingers are not in the way.
If you look at every lever available for sale, you will see that the OEMs are curved, but the others tend to be straight. However, none are parallel to the grips. The closest point to the grips on the OEM levers is no further away than the closest settings of the straight levers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the brake lever that is the problem for me. My middle finger can partially lock extended due to the reach and previous damage to my hand. I actually tape it up before I ride to prevent that from happening.

I can deal with it just trying to see if I have any options.

Thanks Las

1 - 7 of 7 Posts