R1200GS Forum banner

2020 R1250GS with Hex EZcan and a set of Baja lights.

4K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Brick 
#1 ·
Ok so I want to install these lights so that they run at 50% when riding and go to 100% when I honk the horn. And so I can make them go to 100% when I want to. I’m told that with what I have it can be done. I know I could pay someone to do that but would love to do it myself.
Any help?
Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Connect EZCAN to your computer and start the configuration drill.
You will have to choose Light Brightness for both Day and Night, low beam and High Beam.
The EZCAN setup menu gives you an option to select the Horn Flash of the lights as well as the random flash routine if you double flash your passing lights.

#5 ·
Ok so I want to install these lights so that they run at 50% when riding and go to 100% when I honk the horn. And so I can make them go to 100% when I want to. I’m told that with what I have it can be done. I know I could pay someone to do that but would love to do it myself. Any help? Brick Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What BD lights are you installing ? You can dim the 2-wire Baja Design lights, but the dimming is not proportional to the slider on the ezCAN vs votage. I have found I can run my S2's down to about 6V before they shut off. The Squadron Pro's I can run down to about 8V before they shut off.

#6 ·
I successful installed the Baja spot lights on my 2020 R1250GS. The lights are a two wire so I can’t vary the brightness with the wonder wheel. And when I turn on a turn signal, instead of that side Baja light going out... in my instance both go out during turn signals operation. I’m completely satisfied. [emoji106] Thanks y’all!
Beick

#7 ·
I successful installed the Baja spot lights on my 2020 R1250GS. The lights are a two wire so I can’t vary the brightness with the wonder wheel. And when I turn on a turn signal, instead of that side Baja light going out... in my instance both go out during turn signals operation. I’m completely satisfied. [emoji106] Thanks y’all!
Beick

Beick so whats happening is:
1) You have put two Bajas on the same circuit instead of left and right (Using 2 circuits)
2) Brightness can still be varied......push your wonderwheel to the left and hold for a few seconds......they will flash and then you can increase or decrease the output.
My earlier Hellas were also 2 wires and i could vary intensity even with the older Hex EZ Can I had.

#14 ·
Ok so Brick the wonderwheel can move left or right....so hold it to the left first for 8-10 seconds....ur lights will flash.....once they do then rotate it to increase or decrease the intensity......
I think it was hold to left.....if it doesnt work hold to right
Im 100000% sure on this......park ur bike facing the wall or garage door so you can see the lights flash

#15 ·
Ok so I did as you said... left until the lights flashed. Then turn the wonder Wheel. It’s very “clunky” and non-linear in action but it does sort of vary the brightness. For instance I was turning them brighter... it took several almost full turns. Then I tried turning them back... I had to hold the wheel to the left until a flash then I could turn them down again several almost full turns.
I once again tried the turn signal cancel and instead of flashing the lights go off. To get them on the same ... hold the turn signal cancel button down and they come back on.
More functions than I thought would be possible.
Thanks
Brick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.