R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed this last week. The difference is huge compared to the OEM plate. Easy install. Very happy with the new plate so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amazing to see the thin, undersized OEM plate vs the SW Motech plate side by side. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazing to see the thin, undersized OEM plate vs the SW Motech plate side by side. Thanks for the pics!
Even more amazing to me is ..... there are several more much larger and expensive than the SW-Motech.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wenty with the AltRIder skid plate. It was more expensive, but it's one of the few that don't rely on mounting points on the engine. It mounts to the frame/crash bars and floats under the engine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the AltRider and read the reviews. I just couldn't drop $450 right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 r1200gsa. Any idea if the plate you used for the 1250 would fit the 1200? The mounting looks a whole lot simpler that the one they spec for the 1200. I’ve heard the shift cam bits in the engine are the only real differences?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have a 2018 r1200gsa. Any idea if the plate you used for the 1250 would fit the 1200? The mounting looks a whole lot simpler that the one they spec for the 1200. I’ve heard the shift cam bits in the engine are the only real differences?
Engine plate will not be the same because of the shape of the headers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, did you have an issue with having enough gap between fender extender and edge of skid plate? I have this problem with sw motech skid plate for my r1200gs 2018. So to be able to use the skid plate I removed a fender extender.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts