R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Dania Beach 14th Annual Vintage Bike show yesterday and embarrassed myself. If there was an award for dirtiest bike, I might have won. Never even wiped down the bike after my late October Tenn/N Car/ Georgia ride on/off road trip. Now that it is washed and spiffy, I am thinking about using an application on the trim, hard plastics and rims/spokes. Worth my while? Any long lasting effect?

Attachments

·
Super Awesom Person
593 Posts
Lemon Pledge works for me. I had a Silver Honda ST1100 for 20 years and it looked showroom fresh the day I sold it. Lemon Pledge was all I ever used.

·
2019 R1250 GSA
153 Posts
I've used the 303 Protectant as an alternative to Armor All for 25+ years. Longer lasting, no side affects and doesn't attract the dust like Armor All did. I've used it on tires, external automotive rubber trim and plastic, motorcycle seats, automotive dash boards, etc.. A one gallon jug has lasted me 15 years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
303 Aerospace make the black plastic look nice and black but looses it quickly when it gets wet or after a wash.
Mothers Back to Black does not go as dark as 303 and lasts same length of time. Not long.
I have tried many products but all have failed.
But, i recently used Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant (with Scotchgard) and this is by far the most impressive product i have used. Plastics as black as 303, with a subtle sheen and lasts and lasts .........
It provides UV blocking as well which is critical for the plastics to last.
And the Scotchgard seems to keep cleaner & hydrophobic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts