R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be appreciated. Cause and solution for ABS to activate at very slow speed right before stopping. Braking is fine at all speeds just right before coming to a stop while applying brakes I can hear the ABS activating. Is there an adjustment or a sensor that needs cleaning? 2009 GSA. Thanks

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
ABS reads wheel speed from sensors at the front and rear wheel. The rear wheel sensor also provides data for the speedometer and odometer. If your speedo is working the sensor, at least the one on the rear, is probably fine.

I'd hook up a diagnostics tool (GS-911 or equiv) to see if the ABS system is reporting any errors.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Any help would be appreciated. Cause and solution for ABS to activate at very slow speed right before stopping. Braking is fine at all speeds just right before coming to a stop while applying brakes I can hear the ABS activating. Is there an adjustment or a sensor that needs cleaning? 2009 GSA. Thanks
Did you ever resolve this? I have a similar issue when using front brakes I can feel the ABS unit buzz and with toe on rear pedal I can feel the typical ABS feedback vibration, although nothing through the front brakes.

I have run GS-911 diagnostics. I have bled the fluid twice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts