R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought would update on some accessories which are a mismatch with eachother and some rework has to be done:
1) If you have the wunderlich headlight guard and are installing the denali light mount then some rework of the spacers has to be done as they both mount in the same hole
2) If you are upgrading the horn to the BMW low tone (There was a thread in here) and the denali light mount is in place then some adjustment and tweaking has to be done to get the horn to fit because the trumpet of the low tone horn fouls with the light bracket
3) If you are installing the foot guards by Givi model number FG5108 and you have the kickstand switch guard installed then the switch guard has to be removed.
4) If you have the givi rear rack for givi topcase installed model SRA 5112 and you decide to put a Sargent rear seat it fouls with the extra clamps that the givi top rack comes with.

Please continue copy and pasting and adding your own things to this list. It can help people who are farkling their bike.

·
Not that senior.
695 Posts
We can not legally use headlight guards in Australia

Strange but true.
In Australia, you are not legally allowed to fit a protective lens in front of a motorcycle headlight.

Many do, and some fail their annual inspection because of it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We can not legally use headlight guards in Australia

Strange but true.
In Australia, you are not legally allowed to fit a protective lens in front of a motorcycle headlight.

Many do, and some fail their annual inspection because of it.
Someone makes a headlight Protection Film that sticks to the front of the headlight lens. I had one on my 2007 R1200GS. It worked great. If installed correctly no one will ever know its there. This isn't the one I had but its an example. There are several brands out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts