R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious- I just did an oil change on my 1250 GSA, I typically let this drain for a good amount of time
to expel as much as the old stuff (coffee or beer break or whatever) anyway added the new oil let er run for a few
and check back in a few minutes to check level and to top off
Funny thing is the new oil is pretty dark, I remember the last oil change the new oil had a nice
beer color and clear, this batch is more like a dark beer, I mean the oil looks partially used???
Did BMW change formulas? or did I get a bad batch of oil- has this happened to anyone else ?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Usually after an oil change my oil is that same beer color for a good 2-3k. But, I use Castro oil.

·
Super Awesom Person
705 Posts
I once bought some oil and found a quart that WAS used. Someone had returned used oil and got a refund. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually after an oil change my oil is that same beer color for a good 2-3k. But, I use Castro oil.
Exactly... this photo is what the oil looks like currently with the new oil with maybe 60 miles on it...
typically this is what the oil would look like after putting on appx. 1.5-2.5K miles- don't know what to make of it
bike internally is not dirty, my drain plug was dead clean had barely any residue and no filings at all-

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I once bought some oil and found a quart that WAS used. Someone had returned used oil and got a refund. Good luck with that.
All bottles had the tamper proof in tact, so I doubt its used oil
I did notice a date of Dec 2020 on the bottles, but I never seen oil get dark just from sitting on the shelf??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same with me. I did a service yesterday and the oil is exactly the same color as yours. Like old one. I thought I was cheated.

Poslano sa mog SM-G532F koristeći Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts