R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R1200GS Triple Black
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
Just wondering what experiences other people have had with AdvDesigns in Dublin, CA. I ordered one of their tool kits back in January because while they are god awful expensive, I figured it beat me trying to piece it together and taking a whole pannier. The kit showed in stock and FAQ showed usual shipping within one to two days. I gave it a business week and had not heard anything. After zero response by email, I finally called he second week and was told that some of the tools were unavailable but would be in the next week. The next week came and went with still no updates and no tools. Tried calling again and get no answer and no response to my voicemail. I mean for the price I am paying, seems like I could at least get a response. I understand supply and shipping issues because of Covid but not keeping customers updated just seems bad business. Anyone else with similar experience or am I just an exception? Will probably go back to looking for something else. So much for shopping local.

·
Registered
730 Posts
For $300 they ought to hand deliver it limousine on a velvet pill. That pricing is as bad a Wunderlich and Touratech.

Seriously go to Home Depot and for less than $80 you can have all the tools save for the POS flat metal multi wrench in the ADV kit and more.

pre-order-ultimate-compact-tool-kit-for-bmw-r1200gs-water-cooled-2013-made-in-usa-with-lifetim...gif

1 - 9" piece of 3/4" SS tubing. Holds the torx sockets, sparkplug wrench, 3/8" extension and doubles as an extension for the stubby ratchet
1 - Axle tool
1 - Milwaukee stubby ratcheting screwdriver w/ a 1/4" drive socket adapter and various bits stored in handle
1 - Stubby 3/8" drive ratchet
1 - pair of locking pliers
1 - set of Stubby box end wrenches

A42D2B75-A9E0-4EA8-B639-A0EA08A838E7.jpeg

Here it shows the storage tube as the ratchet extension

97907A2A-4285-4FA9-9B2A-E5A824A8B5EA.jpeg

This is how the sockets, extension and spark plug socket nest inside the tube

17E90509-3E35-428C-BDC8-EB4A1FBC91A0.jpeg

·
Registered
2016 R1200GS Triple Black
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice set up, yes have seen some pretty comprehensive lists and may just do that.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Even with the comprehensive lists avalaible its still pretty much one stop shopping at Lowes or Home Depot to pick up 90+% of the tools Any outliers like a tool pouch to your liking can easily be sourced from Amazon and on you doorstep in a day or two.

·
2019 R1250 GSA
169 Posts
I have never had an issue with them but that was pre-Covid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I swear they waited till I emailed about an order before they sent it...I can't remember how long I waited but with COVID I imagine things run at a snails pace when its a custom item...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered one of their pillion tool boxes back in November. They said it would be awhile because they were back ordered, but I haven’t heard a peep since.

·
2019 R1250 GSA
169 Posts
Even with the comprehensive lists avalaible its still pretty much one stop shopping at Lowes or Home Depot to pick up 90+% of the tools Any outliers like a tool pouch to your liking can easily be sourced from Amazon and on you doorstep in a day or two.
How much does your "kit" weigh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts