R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at ordering the Aerostich Utility Pants. Saw they fit like AD-1 so experience with those should also be valid. Anyone have experience with sizing? Do I order Jean size as far as waist? Are they accurate in that regard or do I need to size up/down?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would call Aerostitch customer service with all of these questions. Those people are better equipped to give you some first-hand info. Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking at ordering the Aerostich Utility Pants. Saw they fit like AD-1 so experience with those should also be valid. Anyone have experience with sizing? Do I order Jean size as far as waist? Are they accurate in that regard or do I need to size up/down?
I would also call Aerostich. I have found them to be helpful. Having said that, I have worn AD-1's for some time (10 years or more). They have served me well on and off road. Fit true to size--I am 6'2" 190 lbs. Bought waist 34 (can't remember if they have a long size but if they do that's what I would have gotten). They are the right length and the waist is now just getting a little tight for my fat belly. I am about to go to 36 waist pants so the AD-1 waist seems to correspond to pants waist. Aerostich is also good about exchanges for resizing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have the utility pants, in Gray, really like them and the fit true for me. I wear a 33,34 jeans size and that is the size for the pants. Keep in mind they have a real belt and that helps a lot. The best feature on them, to me, is the side zipper.

I went to Aerostich and had them fitted there. The leg length was the same as my jeans also, not longer.

·
Registered
795 Posts
hip armor is available; have it on mine. Yes, it was an extra, but aerostich is not a bargain brand for upfront costs. Considered over the lifetime of the pants, the costs are negligible, imo

I was a revit guy for a long time, time came that I needed new winter pants (winter in New Orleans). I still wear my RevIt summer stuff and still like their line. I was doing a round Lake Superior ride and thought I'd stop in at Aerostich to actually lay eyes on the product. Within just a few minutes I was sold by the quality and the workmanship. Two years later and no regrets and really like them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ended up calling aerostich to chat. I wear a 33 jean. The rep told me the pants were made to go over clothing and if I wasn't going to do that I would be good with a 32. Next size is a 34 which would be too big. Got the 32 regular and they are just right. High quality stuff. Look forward to a trip with some rain now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts