R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
2017 GS Rallye
86 Posts
Is it a chinese website? I cant open it here from India.
Don't think so. It is a dot com address. Web site lists the office address as:
673 Rossiter St.
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC
Canada, J3B 8A4

GoDaddy look up shows the domain is registered by Domains By Proxy, LLC in Phoenix, AZ USA.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One early issue would be that as your OEM panel merely displays the mileage as recorded on the bike's computer and that panel is 'paired' with the computer when built any replacement panel would be to be reset (paired) at the dealer in order to display the bike's existing mileage.

I put that question to the owner of a Yamaha who installed KOSO's RX-4 panel and he confirmed that you have the option during the initial set up to enter your bike's mileage so that it will continue to display the correct total since day 1. He now has 14K miles on it without any issues.

· Premium Member
2017 R1200GS
123 Posts
Duc whats the expected date of delivery?
Ordered (and order confirmed by email) on 12/26. No further updates. I’m guessing mid-January, but I’ll let you know.

The key for me will be that it’s truly plug-and-play as I want to be able to go back to stock. I’ve tried other tech that I thought I’d love (e.g. the Wunderlinq) and found I preferred the stock setup (Nav VI). I’m hoping I dig this, but experience tells me to temper my expectations.

· Registered
65 Posts
One early issue would be that as your OEM panel merely displays the mileage as recorded on the bike's computer and that panel is 'paired' with the computer when built any replacement panel would be to be reset (paired) at the dealer in order to display the bike's existing mileage.

I put that question to the owner of a Yamaha who installed KOSO's RX-4 panel and he confirmed that you have the option during the initial set up to enter your bike's mileage so that it will continue to display the correct total since day 1. He now has 14K miles on it without any issues.
Yes, a GS stores synchronized odometer value at 2 places : instrument cluster and engine control unit. I wonder what will happen when RX5 is installed on the bike.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts