R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Came back recently from a fantastic trip in the alps. I just have one thing in mind - go back! A picture is worth a thousand words, so here goes.

Hope those are not too wide, please let me know if I have to resize.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, live in southern france, this is my GS, and a trip we organised with my g/f. In short went up to Annecy, then cervinia, Switzerland's "graubunden" (gottardo pass is epic), then stelvio. On the road there came across some stunning roads which I personally found much nicer than the stelvio.
Unfortunately had to cut the trip short. Was supposed to go to Austria and carry on the tour via Italy afterwards but had to head home after a painful backache. I wasn't even sure I could drive home... But that's a different story. Stopped anyhow at lake como, lovely place to stay overnight, before heading home.
The trip was a mix of airbnb and hotels, the latter giving more flexibility regarding time spend at a given place.
What a great bike for those trips. Lots of storage, comfortable, still a fair amount of tug ; apart from the weird engine noises it drives great, but on a GS forum I'm preaching the converted

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go!

Highly recommended! I’ve done two self-guided trips to the Alps that were fly, rent and ride. Super easy. Flew to Munich both times and rented a big GS for the adventures. One trip was seven days and the second was nine days. Incredible scenery, roads and nice people! The nine-day trip about two years ago convinced me that the R1200GS LC was refined to the point it was time to ride a Beemer again! Read “Motorcycle Journeys through the Alps and Corsica” and go!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts