R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My 'real' name is Peter, and I just bought a 2020 R1250GS !!!!! A 20 year dream realized.

I'm coming off of a 1989 Honda Transalp (XL600v) that I owned for 28 years... Best, longest relationship of my life so far!

Currently living/working from a van traveling the US looking for that perfect place to settle down. Originally an East Coast guy.... CT & FL.

Currently in North East WA...still heading west then south once I hit water.....

LOVING the way this bike handles....eats up twisties just fine!

Here is my new baby... 'Hassen Pfeffer'!

·
Super Moderator
597 Posts
Nice ride, welcome. Quite an change from a Transalp!

Best of luck finding a place in the US...don't forget to checkout Iowa, we have gravel roads everywhere!
:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice ride, welcome. Quite an change from a Transalp!

Best of luck finding a place in the US...don't forget to checkout Iowa, we have gravel roads everywhere!
:D
I couldn't get away from the color scheme on my Transalp, had to get the HP so I would feel at home....but it's more like...Mansion than home! :)

Reactions: gs1200rider

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm here west of Portland if you get this way. I had a '90 Transalp for five years and it was hard to part with. But twice the power on an '05 R1200GS was a nice step up. There is plenty of great back road riding in Oregon (outside of the City from Hell, Portland). Send a PM if you're coming this way. --Rick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Peter, Welcome!
I'm a new, first time BMW owner as well, just bought a 2017 GS Adventure.
Beautiful bike, congrats!!

-Jeff

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice
I couldn't get away from the color scheme on my Transalp, had to get the HP so I would feel at home....but it's more like...Mansion than home! :)
Nice ride. Wheelied it yet?

Remember, if you ride it the way the Teutonic gods intended, then you will drop it. Don’t fret about that... until you go to pick the “Mansion” up off the ground. 😂

Seriously, yes it’s hard to fathom putting any scars on your new baby, but once it’s over, then you’ll be able to cut loose with the real fun in the dirt — these new LC’s are shockingly good off-road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice

Nice ride. Wheelied it yet?

Remember, if you ride it the way the Teutonic gods intended, then you will drop it. Don’t fret about that... until you go to pick the “Mansion” up off the ground. 😂

Seriously, yes it’s hard to fathom putting any scars on your new baby, but once it’s over, then you’ll be able to cut loose with the real fun in the dirt — these new LC’s are shockingly good off-road.
I just finished putting on the Alt Rider crash bars.... so she 'theoretically' is ready to drop !...Maybe I'll try something stupid after the first service....tomorrow... :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Those are GOOD bars! I had Hepco-Beckers on my previous 2 GS's, and they just did not hold up, they even rusted where the road grit hit them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride! I bought my first BMW a 2019 R1250GS last year and have been loving it ever since. I'm going on 7500 miles without any issues, just did initial and 7000 mile service.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts