R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have Anakee 2's on my bike and got a flat over the weekend. The back needs to be replaced. Anyone have any thoughts about leaving the A2 on the front and replacing the back with a new A3. I have never mixed tires so looking for advice.

Thanks,

Phil

·
Not that senior.
699 Posts
Try road 3 trail

I changed to Road 3 trail.
Better grip.
Better wear, and about the same cost in Sydney. AU$439
I did a 700km ride a few weeks ago, about 140km of that was dirt and gravel roads. About 100km of that was stand on the footpegs type of roads through forrest and logging tracks, i hardly noticed the difference off road, but on the highway, it makes so much difference to this bike.
We have some great sections of twisty's around Sydney, and there are not many sports bikes that handle any better.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, I'd say that depends some on your kind of riding. Around here it is popular to run a TKC80 on the front and an Anakee2 on the rear so you have good front grip offroad. You just have to remember that on the road you have a little less front end grip.

If you are somebody who rides hard on pavement, you might find that two different tires feel odd or don't play well with each other. Personally I'd give it a try and see. If you don't like it, get a new front that matches.

Actually, I'd probably patch/plug the rear if it still has good life in it and it is actually in a part of the tire that is safe to patch. But some people don't like to do that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the Anakee III on the back to replace the Anakee II that got a glass cut in it and left the Anakee II front on.

On dry road, other than a change in sound, I haven't noticed a big change or any problems. It seems they get along OK so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts