R1200GS Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Didn't mean any disrespect to our Canadian friends. Just some American BMW and Harley dealers have this " Their poop don't stink attitude "
You weren't being disrespectful Bob and no offence was taken. We're a pretty thick skinned bunch. We have dealers who have that "rock star" impression of themselves here too. I literally loath it. Ask if they are the owner. If they say no, go for it. "Are you gonna help me? If not, can you go get me someone that will". They usually wake up after that. The record store guys used to act that way too. Like they were famous. "You sell records spanky, you don't make'm. Get off yer minimum wage ass and do yer job". I know I'm a people person. hahahahahaha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Adventure

Just picked up 1250GSA thursday with Adventures on it. 800 miles and I like them. I hope for decent milage 7-8K
They turn in nice
They stick well even in the wet
I think they are quite but what do I know im new to an Adventure bike
My K1600GT ate tires!
I just returned from a 9K trip started with new tires and 4500 miles later had new installed

·
Super Awesom Person
437 Posts
Just picked up 1250GSA thursday with Adventures on it. 800 miles and I like them. I hope for decent milage 7-8K
They turn in nice
They stick well even in the wet
I think they are quite but what do I know im new to an Adventure bike
My K1600GT ate tires!
I just returned from a 9K trip started with new tires and 4500 miles later had new installed
Welcome to the forum. Yes the 1600GT ate tires, I was lucky to get 3500 out of a set with my two GT's but others got over 6k every time. It's all in the wrist.
While I am getting better mileage out of the tires with my GS it still isn't what others are getting. Once again, it's all in the wrist.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes the 1600GT ate tires, I was lucky to get 3500 out of a set with my two GT's but others got over 6k every time. It's all in the wrist.
While I am getting better mileage out of the tires with my GS it still isn't what others are getting. Once again, it's all in the wrist.
They are like night and day bikes but the first 800 miles were a blast

·
Hopeful new 1250 GSA'er
20 Posts
I have them on my '19 1250GS, only just got the bike so they're not much beyond scuffed off, but I've been riding year-round here in lower mainland BC, Canada, so I'm very interseted to see how they handle cold, wet, etc.,

·
Hopeful new 1250 GSA'er
20 Posts
Oh, and I should add that they currently hold well in dry and the bit of rain that we've had in Sept. here.

·
Hopeful new 1250 GSA'er
20 Posts
Darn, I'm in too much of a hurry,

they are also noisier than what I've had before, (on different bikes), which were the excellent Michelin Pilot Road 4 tyres, though the Road 5 is now out . . .

and the issue of road noise is interesting given that I'm still just getting used to the boxer noise-set!

·
Registered
6 Posts
No noticeable noise on Anakee Adventures. Certainly nothing like 50/50s

Road grip is very good. Can scrape pegs on GS easily (although they are wider than stock, so easier to scrape)

Feedback on road not quite as good as other tyres, but not end of world

Wet grip good

In gravel and on rocky tyre roads the tyres are great. Loads of grip

In mud tyres are quickly useless. The odd patch is fine as tyres will fling mud after

Overall great all round for road riding with small amount of dry off roading thrown in

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anakee Adventures

Does anyone out there have recent experience with Anakee Adventure durability. I'm headed out on the Canada/
Alaska loop (10,000 miles in 5 weeks) this spring/summer. Last time I did this, I mounted the Heidenau Scouts on my 2016 R1200 GSA and they make it the entire trip although they were well squared off and ready to change out upon return. The only reason I am considering a change is that they were a little squirrelly on wet pavement. What kind of mileage are you getting on the Aventures?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone out there have recent experience with Anakee Adventure durability. I'm headed out on the Canada/
Alaska loop (10,000 miles in 5 weeks) this spring/summer. Last time I did this, I mounted the Heidenau Scouts on my 2016 R1200 GSA and they make it the entire trip although they were well squared off and ready to change out upon return. The only reason I am considering a change is that they were a little squirrelly on wet pavement. What kind of mileage are you getting on the Aventures?

First let me say, any mileage reports dealing with travels in Alaska and Canada has to take into account that this will be the worst pavement mileage any tire will get. On the Anakee Adv durability, they're just average. I posted here on this thread that I only got 6K miles to the wear bars on the '18 GS rears. That was from Washington state to Prudhoe Bay and back on those tires. That was easy riding and heavily loaded with as much stuff you can carry on rough surfaced paved roads that was raining 50% on the trip. There's a rather loud noise that goes away when you go over wood surfaced bridges in Canada and Alaska. Yes for some reason they use a wood surface on some new bridges in the very cold regions. I've done that route 3 times already and will go again this summer. Also for the record Canada and Alaska roads "EAT" tires. The locals say it's the chip seal in the asphalt that might be for wet traction. In '07 my KTM Mefo 50/50 tires only got about 4500 miles. In '18 my Suzuki v storm factory tires only got 3500 miles till they were shot. This summer I'm going from San Diego to Prudhoe Bay and Tuk, NW, Canada on ( about 10K mile + ) Motoz Tractionator GPS tires, hopefully on one set of tires. As a side note in '07 on a solo trip to AK. I've had a flat close to Prudhoe Bay and had to take a tire off and fix a flat tube on the KTM. This now means I carry tubes for my tubeless tires and professional tire plugs and plug/patches. I carry all the tools, compressor, hand pump plus practice replacing the back tire on the ground. I have a professional tire machine and still want the experience of changing a tire on the side of the road. I recommend everybody carry their own tools as you never know when your going to be alone. Maybe overkill but I live by the Motto " if you bring it you won't need it " but if you do it, makes for a great trip. Below is a pic of a 1200GS LC Tractionator GPS back tire with over 10k miles on SoCal road. While not a exact comparison to AK. and CA. mileage it might be a good indicator of what to expect.

Attachments

41 - 51 of 51 Posts