R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
357 Posts
5000 on mines, a lot of life left but I don't like them. Michelin Road 6 waiting in my garage to be mounted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anakee Adventure tires with 5000 miles, mostly worn out but still some life left in them. Almost all highway miles. Tires are starting to vibrate at highway speed, so it's time to change them. Going with Conti Trail Attack 3's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I get about 6k mi from Anakee 3s, and at that point they’re completely worn out.
I had 3's and now ADV's and I would be surprised to see anyone get a real 8K out of either. It "seems" to me that they are quite sensitive to tire pressure in terms of wear. They are fantastic while they still have tread on them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How long do Anakee tires last. I got 7000 miles on mine and they look like they got a lot of life left.
I replaced the original Anakee's on my '14 GS at about 13,500 miles (about 30% remaining) with Conti Trail Attack II/III and have had several sets with over 20,000 miles (San Jose, CA). Current set has about 11,400 miles and expect to get 18,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 1250 GS Adventure
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How in the world is there such a big difference in how many miles people get. That much difference can't be just to how you drive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How in the world is there such a big difference in how many miles people get. That much difference can't be just to how you drive.
Tire pressure, type of road, on road/ off road, and heat all play a role in the mileage one rider will get vs another. I drive a lot of rural roads with a pavement called "chip seal" it's very course and hard on tires.

Reactions: Ozzyal

·
Registered
2008 R1200GS
15 Posts
I got 20k km on Anakee 3s, but that was on a non BMW, although similar in weight to a GS. On ny current GS I have Anakee Adventures that have covered 12k km. Probably good for another couple of thousand km, but not much more than that. I will probably replace with the same

1 - 12 of 12 Posts