R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for fellow rookie riders. Specifically, rookie to the dirt.
I am out of fremont CA, looking for a riding buddy to ride in the dirt in the east.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello from the east bay San ramon area.

Where are you guys riding the big GS off-road around here ?

I used to take much smaller 225/350 dual sport bikes to Carnegie park but would be nice to find easy trails to practice and improve my off road skills on the 2014 GS.

·
2019 R1250 GSA
165 Posts
I'm in Livermore. We were hoping you had some local off road ideas!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Mark, other than Carnegie, Gilroy and Knoxville ( near lake bareyssa) which were more suitable for smaller bikes I don’t know of any light off road / fire roads to test the GS. I was thinking of trying the easy /access road/ gravel / rocky part (not the trails) in Carnegie sometime just to get the feel on the GS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I saw this on advrider.com. Some gravel roads near rio vista windmills. Emigh road off Highway 12. Need to check it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here’s a video emigh rd near rio vista, ca. Definitely need to check the gravel roads out on the GS

·
2019 R1250 GSA
165 Posts
Here’s a video emigh rd near rio vista, ca. Definitely need to check the gravel roads out on the GS

Is this your own drone chasing you?

·
Registered
2019 R1250GSA
2 Posts
Hello folks, This is H14 just joined this forum today.
Thank you for the useful information. This morning I went to Carnegie Pk. and spent three hours. After warming up on the flat area, went up green trails (Pottery and Juniper) a few times. Of course stayed away from blue/black trails:) 2 GS riders were training at the west end of the park. It was a fun day and this park is really amazing!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome H14. I’ve only done those trails on my 225/350. Going downhill in steep hills is what I really need to practice on bike bikes. Cheers

·
Registered
2019 R1250GSA
2 Posts
Thank you IndianRider!
Next time I will bring hiking shoes and walk up/down blue trails to check the difficulty.
Or go there with my 125cc scooter:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the Rio Vista / Emigh road gravel section today. Only about couple miles , did a few laps back and forth. Nice scenic paved roads around the windmills too. There was another side road gravel I didn’t have time for but wish there were many more miles of these easy off roads ones in the Bay Area rather than Carnegie / hollister.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts