R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
So tires ride the road and your ass rides the saddle. I'm among the folk that don't consider stock BMW seating to be easy chair comfortable but factory items have cred. As long as you aren't looking for comfort and are willing to chance fit/finish and longevity; if saving a buck is a priority, go for it. Please post feedback on how it worked out for you.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh, and....Link offers the seat at $199, not $150 and shipping costs weren't clear to me? Still a value if the product is good....

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
You may wish to check out Seats Concepts. I've used their kits on two GSAs and have been very satisfied. You can get their front kit that consists of a cut/sewn cover, vapor barrier and molded foam for $210. I upholstered my seat pan in about 45 minutes. You can get a complete saddle from them for $319. They're great to work with and have superb customer service.

Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just not willing to pay $350 (cheapest I've found) for a factory low seat as my needs are only wanting something for around town. When I go on trips, the bike is weighted down perfectly and the factory seat works fine. I've put 16k on the bike and have been very happy on long rides, one totalling more than 13hrs straight. Maybe I have an iron butt? lol!

I did order it (don't know why they changed the price or maybe I just put what I offered by mistake) and it's $179 to my door. When I receive it and give it a go I'll post feedback on it. They have a 30-day return policy so if I don't like it, back it goes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received the seat, build quality looks good, fittament is perfect, and it does exactly what I wanted it to, make it so I'm closer to the ground for better footing.

As far as comfort, time will tell. I'll chime in again after I've got some miles on it. But so far, two thumbs up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Samh9 as stated before in this post I have a low factory BMW seat that I don't use. I have a 2016 lowered R1200 GS that I purchased the lower seat Incase I needed it, never did it's been ridden on twice like new, I'll sell for $200 you pay for shipping I live in Shenandoah Virginia. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
179 Posts
The photo has a "Fatgirl" watermark. Doesn't embrace body positivity.

:grin2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, verdict is in.

After a few thousand miles on/off road here's the deal. I like it. It's priced right and does exactly what it's supposed to do. I can now pretty much flat foot the bike.

Comfort. Not as comfy as the stock GSA seat, but not bad either.

I'd buy it again. So, if you're in need, give it a shot. Works for me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, verdict is in.

After a few thousand miles on/off road here's the deal. I like it. It's priced right and does exactly what it's supposed to do. I can now pretty much flat foot the bike.

Comfort. Not as comfy as the stock GSA seat, but not bad either.

I'd buy it again. So, if you're in need, give it a shot. Works for me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks for your review ,,,, felt the same way about my gsa ,,,, i ll be ordering one ,, price went down to 88 $ plus 30 shipping ,,, can t go wrong their

1 - 14 of 14 Posts