R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
A product of the marketing department

I know, Schuberth enjoys a good reputation building quiet helmets, but this is especially not true with this one. In fact it is louder, than anything I ever had (mostly BMW and Arai helmets).

The reason for this lies in the construction itself. The whole chin part is made of cheap, thin plastic and not well insulated inside.You can easily inspect this by lifting the inner lining on the sides. There is even an unusually big cutout, where the chin straps are attached to the helmet. The problem is that this parts are right in front of your ears. The result is an exceptionally loud helmet, despite the undoubtably excellent aerodynamics. You have to try, before You buy.

In terms of noise, the C4 is worse, than the C3 by a great margin (which I did not find especially quiet as well). The other big issue is weight: the C4 is really heavy (again, cheap materials).

My Krios, a rebranded helmet from Klim (for twice the price as the original Uvex /Nishua) is a relief in both noise and weight compared to the C4, which I find practically unusable.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wanted a C-4 because of the built-in bluetooth system. Ordered one from Amazon, which was shipped to me directly from England. Was ordered exactly per the sizing directions and it was extremely tight. Sent it back. They do not fit unless you have a really thin face. There were no thin pads in the US at the time. I never tried the helmet on the bike after bad luck with the fitting. I have read comments on other forums about the excessive noise.

·
Registered
160 Posts
While I've never been interested in a Schuberth, I find the comment the Krios is a "relief in both noise..." versus the C-4 interesting, as I've found the Krios to be the "loudess" full-face ADV helmet I've owned. My Arai and Shoei X2 were almost "silent" when compared to the Krios. So your statement says alot about how loud the the C-4 is.

I know, Schuberth enjoys a good reputation building quiet helmets, but this is especially not true with this one. In fact it is louder, than anything I ever had (mostly BMW and Arai helmets).

The reason for this lies in the construction itself. The whole chin part is made of cheap, thin plastic and not well insulated inside.You can easily inspect this by lifting the inner lining on the sides. There is even an unusually big cutout, where the chin straps are attached to the helmet. The problem is that this parts are right in front of your ears. The result is an exceptionally loud helmet, despite the undoubtably excellent aerodynamics. You have to try, before You buy.

In terms of noise, the C4 is worse, than the C3 by a great margin (which I did not find especially quiet as well). The other big issue is weight: the C4 is really heavy (again, cheap materials).

My Krios, a rebranded helmet from Klim (for twice the price as the original Uvex /Nishua) is a relief in both noise and weight compared to the C4, which I find practically unusable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts