R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
1,980 Posts
The Giant Loop quick release racks are the best bet to use what bags to have.

Bumot has a nice quick detach bags setup too that you can swap for their hard bags. Pricey but nice.

·
Registered
2017 GS Rallye
61 Posts
Very pricy, but tempting.

·
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"
2021 BMW R1250 GS Adventure
248 Posts
I have the Giant Loop mount plates and a set of their Mototrek 25L bags I hard-mounted to them using HDPE cutting boards as internal bag stiffeners.

I'm about to swap the 25Liter bags for something larger, likely the 40 L Tusk Olympus bags ($400) but possibly Mosko Moto 35L Backcountry Panniers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Outback Mototek pannier racks fitted now, but have choice of the stock GS pannier fittings and I do have a set of stock GSA pannier brackets.
ideally I would like get soft bags that will fit with stock GS pannier brackets.

The suggested Rackless MotoBags do look nice but pricy.

·
Premium Member
2016 R1200GSA
14 Posts
I have Outback Mototek pannier racks fitted now, but have choice of the stock GS pannier fittings and I do have a set of stock GSA pannier brackets.
ideally I would like get soft bags that will fit with stock GS pannier brackets.

The suggested Rackless MotoBags do look nice but pricy.
Stock GS brackets are likely for Vario bags. There is virtually no soft bags that will fit on those. Maybe one maker has an adapter.

THe GSA racks you can get eh Gateway BMW custom Akalaka mounts to attach the Mosko soft bags. They are absolutely the best solution on the market but they are pretty pricey for the rack mounts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts