R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an Arrow muffler on the 1250 GS/A? The stock exhaust is too tame a quiet, but I don't want to go as far as an Akrapovic. Reviews and sounds clips would be helpful. Yes I've seen the YouTube review on all of these brands, but it's difficult to really figure out the differences.

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
78 Posts
I have Arrow on 2021 1250GS. I like ARrow as I used the brand on my previous bikes. The sound is very good but I tried without silencer, too loud. With silencer, too quit. So, I decided to cut the silencer a bit more then a half and now it's perfect.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Arrow on 2021 1250GS. I like ARrow as I used the brand on my previous bikes. The sound is very good but I tried without silencer, too loud. With silencer, too quit. So, I decided to cut the silencer a bit more then a half and now it's perfect.
So louder than OEM but not a loud as an Akra. Correcto?

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
78 Posts
With silencer in, just a bit louder then OEM. Without silencer, very loud, screaming on idle. With half of the silencer, perfect.
I wouldn't know about Akra as I don't own one.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My other option is to add a secondary dB killer baffle between the CAT and the muffler. Does anyone have any experience with doing this and how will it affect back pressure and torque?

·
Registered
103 Posts
My other option is to add a secondary dB killer baffle between the CAT and the muffler. Does anyone have any experience with doing this and how will it affect back pressure and torque?
What you are suggesting is possible, even a ball of fine chicken wire will help. I have done this on several different silencers with no problems. You could also modify the existing db killer by extending it with perforated stainless tube (available on ebay).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts