R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason NOT to hook up both pods into a single ezCAN circuit? The other alternative would be to use a dedicated ezCAN circuit for each pod.

The peak current for a single Denali D2 pod is 11.7A, average at high intensity is ~ 0.76 A.

Thanks in advance.

·
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"
125 Posts
The Gen II devices offers 4x 10A outputs instead of the 2x 10A and 2x 4A on the Gen I, so you can connect higher output accessories to the device.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Is there any reason NOT to hook up both pods into a single ezCAN circuit? The other alternative would be to use a dedicated ezCAN circuit for each pod.

The peak current for a single Denali D2 pod is 11.7A, average at high intensity is ~ 0.76 A.

Thanks in advance.
Thats suprising....I doubt it pulls 11.7 amps......my XL80s which are massive pull 7-8 amps per light.
On the website powerdraw is 0.8amp per light so even if you install both on a single channel you are going to be perfectly with the parameters of the Hex EZ Can

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the EZ CAN Gen I on my 1250GS, I used a different circuit for ea. front driving light. My lights are 40w each, by running them separate you can program left and right driving lights to turn off when the turn signal is used. Left turn signal ON, Left driving light goes OUT, just like some of the newer cars on the road. Should make the turn signals more visible to oncoming traffic. That's the theory anyway.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have the EZ CAN Gen I on my 1250GS, I used a different circuit for ea. front driving light. My lights are 40w each, by running them separate you can program left and right driving lights to turn off when the turn signal is used. Left turn signal ON, Left driving light goes OUT, just like some of the newer cars on the road. Should make the turn signals more visible to oncoming traffic. That's the theory anyway.
@dmcharley even if both your Aux lights are on a single channel they still can be programmed to go on and off with your blinkers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats suprising....I doubt it pulls 11.7 amps......my XL80s which are massive pull 7-8 amps per light.
On the website powerdraw is 0.8amp per light so even if you install both on a single channel you are going to be perfectly with the parameters of the Hex EZ Can
Peak current was 11.7 A, avg pull. at high intensitity is ~0.8 A.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@dmcharley even if both your Aux lights are on a single channel they still can be programmed to go on and off with your blinkers.
I believe that if both pods are connected to a single channel, both of them will go off when either of the turn signals are on. If connected to a separate channel, the right pod will stay on when the left trun signal is enguaged and vice versa.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I believe that if both pods are connected to a single channel, both of them will go off when either of the turn signals are on. If connected to a separate channel, the right pod will stay on when the left trun signal is enguaged and vice versa.

@talreli I have forgotten how that worked. I had the older Hex and in that one channel had 2 aux lights.....now Ive upgraded to the new HEX which has 10A on all 4 channels and 2 sets of aux lights can be configured individually.

·
Registered
608 Posts

And I think ur right......also this feature you activate if your Aux lights are mounted very near to the turn signals.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Peak current was 11.7 A, avg pull. at high intensitity is ~0.8 A.

I think you can disregard that instantaneous 11.7 amp figure. No doubt a very brief transient. The average is what is important. The instantaneous current draw of my air horn was about three times the 10 amp max allowed, yet it never tripped the Ezcan breakers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts