R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 years ago riding into work on I66E in N. VA on my beautiful K1200S. I'm cruising along in the hov with noone else in the lane. The guy beside me is tailgating the guy in front of him. When THAT guy hit his brakes, he just whipped it into the supposedly empty hov. WHAM. Stars, unconscious......and the end of a beautiful bike. He was charged but I was pretty busted up. Just getting back into it now and love the GS!

·
Administrator
1,822 Posts
I hate riding beside people for that reason. Always try to stay where I'm at least where they can see me.

Over Labor Day I was cut off when riding through Detroit...by an ambulance. Apparently they were having a slow day.

·
Registered
240 Posts
About 6 years ago riding into work on I66E in N. VA on my beautiful K1200S. I'm cruising along in the hov with noone else in the lane. The guy beside me is tailgating the guy in front of him. When THAT guy hit his brakes, he just whipped it into the supposedly empty hov. WHAM. Stars, unconscious......and the end of a beautiful bike. He was charged but I was pretty busted up. Just getting back into it now and love the GS!
Welcome back to motorcycling. Sorry to hear this story. Six years is a long time. Hope you can ride with enjoyment again now despite the memories and whatever aftermath you went through from the accident.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.