R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2020 R1250GS, I need to disconnect the battery to add a heated gear power wire. Yes, it’s May, but I’ll be doing this sooner or later. This forum shows me how to get to both red and black terminals, but there’s been no mention of error codes after reconnecting the terminals. Other than resetting the clock, should there be any error codes?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had terminals off a couple times and no need to do anything but hook it back up. No clock reset. I think it did flash a message at turn on but went away as quick as I saw it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had mine off for a few hours installing a HexEz Can and it came up with a maintenance over due message. Then it went away after a power down and up. I thought that was odd since the maintenance was done not that long ago and the reminder had been reset.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had mine off for a few hours installing a HexEz Can and it came up with a maintenance over due message. Then it went away after a power down and up. I thought that was odd since the maintenance was done not that long ago and the reminder had been reset.
Yes....that's the one I got. Fixed itself once I started bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts