R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I really like the review that is done on real roads and getting all the different conditions in one day is awesome! What I got from that video though is inspiration to go out and ride and train more, because my skills are not up to the level of that guy's!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bridgestone AX41

Put a set on my 2009 R1200GS. Done around 400km so far with a bit of off-road. So far they are amazing. Handle well on the highway, great on gravel, hardpack and a river crossing. The best part is that they are very quiet on the road and run straight at speed. For a knobbly, they don't seem to wander too much on tar snakes and the bike is stable in corners without the drop-in i had found with the Anakee Wilds. For doing everything pretty well, they look to be a new go-to tire for big bikes: on and off-road. I'm impressed. I have no idea how long they will last, but they have a harder compound than the TKC. Anyhow, so far I'm very happy with them. Oh, one other thing, it's the first set of tires where I have been pleased with front and rear as a matched set.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Put a set on my 2009 R1200GS. Done around 400km so far with a bit of off-road. So far they are amazing. Handle well on the highway, great on gravel, hardpack and a river crossing. The best part is that they are very quiet on the road and run straight at speed. For a knobbly, they don't seem to wander too much on tar snakes and the bike is stable in corners without the drop-in i had found with the Anakee Wilds. For doing everything pretty well, they look to be a new go-to tire for big bikes: on and off-road. I'm impressed. I have no idea how long they will last, but they have a harder compound than the TKC. Anyhow, so far I'm very happy with them. Oh, one other thing, it's the first set of tires where I have been pleased with front and rear as a matched set.

What pressure have you been running on them in the various terrains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm heading out to Death Valley with a buddy in a few weeks. I just ordered a set. I hope they are as quiet on the tarmac as the previous poster says.

Impressions to follow after I get them mounted and have a few miles on them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Put a set on my newly purchased 2017 R1200GS for a pine barrens adventure camp and 2500 miles trip on the Mid-Atlantic Back Country Discovery Route in Eastern US.
Coming from a metzeler tourance next, riding on tarmac was initially awkward with the noise, vibration and different steering, but I got used to the tire and now really like the handling. Wet traction is a bit sketchy, thus best to switch to rain mode.
Off-road the AX really shines - great traction and handling in sand, deep gravel, mud. Very confidence inspiring at pace and hard breaking - the front bites and tracks solidly (with the expected limitation of a 19 inch wheel in deep sand).
Changed the rear at 3000 miles, front got 4000 and probably 500-1000 to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Put a set on my newly purchased 2017 R1200GS for a pine barrens adventure camp and 2500 miles trip on the Mid-Atlantic Back Country Discovery Route in Eastern US.
Coming from a metzeler tourance next, riding on tarmac was initially awkward with the noise, vibration and different steering, but I got used to the tire and now really like the handling. Wet traction is a bit sketchy, thus best to switch to rain mode.
Off-road the AX really shines - great traction and handling in sand, deep gravel, mud. Very confidence inspiring at pace and hard breaking - the front bites and tracks solidly (with the expected limitation of a 19 inch wheel in deep sand).
Changed the rear at 3000 miles, front got 4000 and probably 500-1000 to go.

The AX front tire lasted 5400 miles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been running stock pressures (36/42 F/R) and have 5K miles on them. Replacing the rear now at 5K, but my Front still has maybe another 3K. I tracked wear in 1K increments just about. Of this 5K miles, it's been about 90% pavement. Tires have been awesome both on and off-road and never felt a doubt leaned in. Off-road, they hooked up really well in silt/sand and truck trail type terrain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts