R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't blame people for being cautious. I have a Roadcrafter suit for sale and people are reluctant. I just found out MotorcycleGear.com will sell our stuff for us
I just bought a replacement suit from them and will send them my Roadcrafter to sell. People can pay for it with a credit card and send it back if it doesn't fit. They do make money on the deal however it might be a better way to buy/sell something that's a bit expensive. https://www.motorcyclegear.com/
Thanks for the information. Just so hard to trust people these days.

·
Registered
97 Posts
All of these posts are accurate. However, I’d like to mention that there are still honest people out there.

As an example, I bought some highway pegs off a guy on this forum— @Bonjoe . The bonus was, he lived fairly close so we met up.

The bigger bonus is that now we’re friends and have done several rides together...with a ride to the Barber Motorsports Museum in 2 weeks.

So there’s some good news in all of this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I came close to falling for this type of scam. I was contacted by pm to email someone with Vario bags. That person sent me a pic and was very pushy at 4:00 a.m. Said his Paypal account is closed for eight days due to receiving payments with problems. He wanted ApplePay or Venne(?) He was willing to take part payment until I received the bags to alleviate my concerns. I set up Apple Pay and the number he was using wouldn't work so he said to use his wife's #. That number raised a FRAUD warning from ApplePay!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts