R1200GS Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
682 Posts
Just checked the weather in Robbinsville NC. Thats afew miles from The Gap and the rest. High of 61 and low of 55. Wish I could teleport up there for the weekend. That area should be packed this weekend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, it has been nice the last couple of days. Got the bike out and rode into Chattanooga on an errand. It was 65 degrees around 2:00. Tomorrow it's only going to be in the 40's and thats supposed to last for several days. Lots of bikes out today...fun while it lasted!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ride year around in the Texas Hill Country and live in Georgetown. Great riding and friendly weather year round for riding. July and August are hot but I find rides are still enjoyable if you're home by about 1pm.

For years, I have considered moving elsewhere but I find that we are greatly situated to ride most anywhere. I have ridden to the east coast of the US and west coast and been back home in a week many times. Same for Montana and the northern border. I also get down to Mexico in less than a day. Not to mention excellent 3 day weekend rides to Big Bend, Ruidoso, Ozarks, east OK, etc.

We are fairly centrally located and so much is possible as a result.

I have deferred from moving to the Smoky Mountains (where I'm most likely to go) because it means most of my most enjoyable US rides now would mean I'd have to take more than a week off work.

Let me know if you'd like to learn more, and maybe we can connect on the side.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I ride year around in the Texas Hill Country and live in Georgetown. Great riding and friendly weather year round for riding. July and August are hot but I find rides are still enjoyable if you're home by about 1pm.

For years, I have considered moving elsewhere but I find that we are greatly situated to ride most anywhere. I have ridden to the east coast of the US and west coast and been back home in a week many times. Same for Montana and the northern border. I also get down to Mexico in less than a day. Not to mention excellent 3 day weekend rides to Big Bend, Ruidoso, Ozarks, east OK, etc.

We are fairly centrally located and so much is possible as a result.

I have deferred from moving to the Smoky Mountains (where I'm most likely to go) because it means most of my most enjoyable US rides now would mean I'd have to take more than a week off work.

Let me know if you'd like to learn more, and maybe we can connect on the side.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Great info. I was down in Texas Hill Country a few years back and really enjoyed it. It was in the summer and wasn't that bad as long as we were in air conditioning by 1pm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It sure as all hell ain't Florida. Flat, hot, wet and bad traffic
Agreed, and don’t forget that as a retirement destination, there are plenty of people driving cages who probably shouldn’t be. 🤪

BTW, I’m no spring chicken myself.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts