R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michelin road pilot 4 impressed me last week during a real gully washer in Northern Quebec. 2 lane hwy, good pavement, logging trucks and no room to pull over. No hydro-planning, no wheel spin, traction control light never flickered.
The funky cross sipes really work.
This is my 3rd set, all from Canadian on-line accessory store Fort9. Best price, free shipping entertaing reviews.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I recently went riding with a group of friend in the twisty mounts of TN, NC, GA and one of the fellows was on a GS800 with well worn TKC80's. We were is extremely tight decreasing radius twisty mountainous roads and he could walk away from everyone else in the group with confidence. There were several ex-road racers in the group and other seasoned riders. He was going faster in the rain than most people would go in dry ideal conditions with 100% street tires.

It was then I realized its no so much the but the talent. Interesting thing is right before this trip I bought a GS with well worn TKC 80's on it and when I got home I hoped on the bike and trusted the tires and you know what they stick amazing well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts