R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to use my voucher of £500 to buy some BMW tourshell jacket and trousers. Has anyone got any experience of sizing . Difficult to try the gear on in these times. Do they come up large or tight compared to other gear.

Also any views on tourshell gear itself.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the Enduro suit and used the BMW sizing chart to order mine. According to the chart I needed size 110 jacket and trousers. They were very oversize and my dealer exchanged them for size 106 in both.

FYI
I'm 6'5", 205lbs, 36" waist and 44" chest

·
Registered
37 Posts
I tried on the Enduro guard suit and the Rallye suit. Size 58, I’m 6’5, 250lbs. 36” Sleeves. They both fit in sleeve length and Chest. I’m a 48” to 50” chest U.S. The one thing with the Enduro Guard, the shoulder pads and elbow pads didn’t fit properly, i ended up taking it back and getting the Klim Badlands. But I really wanted to like the Enduro Guard. Great styling and it’s construction is spot on. Just not the fit for me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just about to use my voucher of £500 to buy some BMW tourshell jacket and trousers. Has anyone got any experience of sizing . Difficult to try the gear on in these times. Do they come up large or tight compared to other gear.

Also any views on tourshell gear itself.
Take a close eye at the BMW rider's gear catalogue. There are at least two types of "sizes". One of the them is the comfort fit, and not sure about the other(s).
I love their gear but the sizes vary hugely depending on the model. Personally I have to write down sizes relative to each model I'm interested in, it's that variable.

Can't help on the tourshell specifically though.the streetguard is a comfort fit, and so are probably the rally / off-road vests too. Leathers and summer clothing are a different game (leathers size small / summer gear is variable). Streetguard also has loads of velcros and straps to adjust the sizes, which is good as I also think their gaps between sizes are too big : every time I'm bang in the middle between sizes so go for the larger (let's be realistic here) and tighten the straps.

Good luck on your ordeal ; they are beautifully made once you find your match.

And now let's hope we can get to use the gear someday soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts