R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 r1250gs with low suspension came with the standard low seat. It’s not very comfortable so I’m considering buying the bmw comfort low seat. Has anyone done this upgrade? Was it worth it? Thanks! This is what it looks like.

Plant Carbon Musical instrument Comfort Automotive exterior

·
Bobmanz
2018 R1200GSA & 2017 Ural Gear Up
22 Posts
Hated the OEM BMW seats.
Try a Sargent low seat?
Agree, had the Sargent low on my 2013 oil head, and now on my 2018 GSA, and I swear by these seats for overall comfort and quality. Several trips with hundreds of miles in the saddle a day for weeks at a time, and never a problem or discomfort issue.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There is no comfort in a BMW comfort seat, had one on my 17 GS, not sure how BMW can justify calling it that....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ditto on the Sargent Seats - I've had them across three makes of bikes - the third being a recently purchased '21 1250 GS. Had a 1700 mile trip this summer - my acceptance test is "What parts of me hurt after the ride?" and if my backside isn't on the list the seat passes, which the Sargent did with flying colors.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just got back from a 3000 mile 9 Day Rd. trip on my 16 GS. And my Sargent saddle, I have to say hands-down it’s been the best saddle I’ve ridden on so far for the money. It is also a low version. Shop the holiday sales and you’ll get 20% off from Sergeant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts